Which mirage/condi build more viable?

Antrix.4512

Hi everyone ^_^ I'm currently looking at two Mirage/Condi builds that are quite significantly different. Here's the first one, and here's the second one. The second one uses a full Viper set and Staff/Mace/Pistol, but it's a bit outdated (last update in December of '22), while the first one is a more recent build, but uses a Viper/Ritualist mix, and also uses Staff/Staff. I'd like to hear your opinion on which build and gear is better to use for solo content (Exploring/Champions/Questing and so on)? And what would you recommend to use temporarily instead of the Superior Rune of the Nightmare (until I'll get enough currency to buy these runes)?

Both Staff/Staff and Axe Pistol/Torch are viable in most instanced end game content. Staff/Staff is an alac support with condi dps build. Axe one is full condi dps build.

Alternaive rune is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Lich

One callout is that these builds are very good in raid. But in fractals except for 100CM, they are relatively weak due to slow dps ramp up. Also the axe build struggles in some fight where force movement from axe 2 becomes a problem.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 7:52 PM, Antrix.4512 said:

I'd like to hear your opinion on which build and gear is better to use for solo content

Staff/<Any> (I play with Staff/AxeTorch), Dire/Trailblazer's, SR of Tormenting, SS of Energy + SS of Demons

Traits = first link (with Mirrored Axes instead of Desert Distortion if Axe equipped)

In-battles tested build

Edited by taara.3217
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, taara.3217 said:

Staf/<Any> (I play with Staf/AxeTorch), Dire/Trailblazer's, SR of Tormenting, SS of Energy + SS of Demons

Traits = first link (with Mirrored Axes instead of Desert Distortion if Axe equipped)

In-battles tested build

Could you link your build?