What chapter should I buy first?

sairutsa.3479

So ive just finished ascended gear and 150AR to do T4 daily and now that im sitting in some gold (enough to buy up to 3 chapters i belive) im wondering what are the best living world season chapter for me. I have Ice Brood Saga but I want to get the rest with gold. What I want from the chapters is quality of life such us mounts and ascended gear (to gear alts and other builds). I belive A Crack in the Ice from LWS3 is a great option because I think winterberry is what I need to get easy ascended trinkets. Also Long Live the Lich  from LWS4 to get the Roller Beatle.   

What chapters do you recommend me to buy first?

36 minutes ago, sairutsa.3479 said:

I belive A Crack in the Ice from LWS3 is a great option because I think winterberry is what I need to get easy ascended trinkets. Also Long Live the Lich  from LWS4 to get the Roller Beatle.   

That are definitely good choices for the reasons you gave.

Another thing is whole LS4 for Skyscale.

And be aware, that you save 20%, if you buy whole seasons: From the wiki

"Once all of a season's episodes are released, players can also buy the entire season as a discounted bundle in the Upgrades section of the Gem Store. The bundle price will depend on how many episodes the player still needs to unlock, but it will be equivalent to 160 Gems (instead of 200) per episode.

I would probably buy:

• A Crack in the Ice now (this is also useful for skyscale, according to wiki beeing frozen can be achived during Jormag-Event, but it's much easier in this map)
  • Buy whole season 4 as package (wait till you can afford it) for skyscale, beetle, and Prototype Position Rewinder and 32-slot bag

Another thing is to consider is Unbound Magic (LS3) vs Volatile Magic (LS4), if you do not have the corresponding infinite gathering tool ascended trinkets are less easy (as they need both map currency and the corresponding magic). (But you can buy finite ones at hearts.)

Edited by Dayra.7405

The infinite Tools are from the Gem-Shop, due to the contained Glyph you get unbound/volatil magic whenever you harvest an ore/wood/plant node on the map

From Heart merchants you can also buy limited ones for karma:

Edited by Dayra.7405

i would keep saving your gold instead of buying chapters individually., since you get a discount for buying them in bulk; an entire living world season is really not that much, especially if you're selling your materials instead of saving them for crafting. it should only take you about a week to get each season.

use gw2efficiency to monitor your high-value materials, and make sure you use fastfarming to check which t5 materials are profitable to promote to t6 (using spirit shards) before selling them.

it seems like alot but you're also getting a legendary amulet from seasons of the dragons, which is useable across all characters and allows you to stat-select at any time. on top of this, having all of living world season 4 will let you get the skyscale too, and all episodes give mastery points. there's also aurora and vision (legendary accessories) to think about here as they also require entire seasons.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1