Add Whirl Combo Finisher to Kinetic Accelerator

Darkhart.4769

If you are dead set on doing the kinetic accelerator to give quickness on combo finisher, then please add Whirl. It would at least utilize the scrapper hammer's Electro-whirl and the Shredder Gyro. Not gonna lie, I dislike the change and the way it interrupt your flow of attacks sometimes. The old ways at least when activating some superspeed you still can maintain your attack animation. This new one you have to set up turret animation, putting down mine and bomb animation not to mention some movement base blast with reverse jump on elixir gun or forward jump on rockets boots that sometimes can be a hindrance in fights like falling off platform.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

More triggers are actually not needed. You also don't need turrets and bombs, don't need elixier gun or rocket boots.
All you need to keep up quickness is hammer, mine field and function gyro, even with full berserker gear. There's no need for diviner gear anymore.

However, I do agree with you in terms of how the new playstyle is disturbing compared to the flow the previous playstyle had.

• Confused 4

so the main issue im seeing is that, take heal scrapper, what weapon set do you use for healing.

most people run pistol shield, while hammer can be used its not optimal as you lose out on being able to provide protection and cleanses, which also help. you dont really use hammer as your default weapon considering what the class means to do. 

Being forced to spam skills isnt really allowing for much choice. 

Something that i was contemplating is allowing the application for this class to trigger on either blast finishers or whirl finishers .

Or keep blast finishers and allow either the scrapper or any other class you are grouped with to trigger the trait (with a internal cool down for others to trigger it if triggering too much) , this would technically allow for your group to help upkeep the boon application and allow more flexibility for the group. As in most content most fields are prioritized by their own class, and others will use them if they dont have their own fields up.. so potentially it might not be over capping the boon application with that change... 
but this would allow a somewhat consistent way to apply boons, just tracking field applications and would allow a somewhat different less jarring playstyle that keeps with the spirit of what this most recent change has accomplished. 

• Like 2

If they do that, hammer will become mandatory. Rifle can only proc once, sword shield twice, on like twice the cooldown... Mace is going to be nice but with your suggestion, hammer would be twice as good.

Rocket charge is already 2 finishers every 12 seconds.

They aren't going to give us another 2 proc finishers every 12 seconds (6s cd whirl) for free, and if they do say goodbye to any possibility of having qscrapper with any weapon other than hammer.

Might as well ask for 100k dps and 50k base health while you're at it.

Edited by Kenjiro.5074
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kenjiro.5074 said:

If they do that, hammer will become mandatory. Rifle can only proc once, sword shield twice, on like twice the cooldown... Mace is going to be nice but with your suggestion, hammer would be twice as good.

Rocket charge is already 2 finishers every 12 seconds.

They aren't going to give us another 2 proc finishers every 12 seconds (6s cd whirl) for free, and if they do say goodbye to any possibility of having qscrapper with any weapon other than hammer.

Might as well ask for 100k dps and 50k base health while you're at it.

Then specifically change it from leap to whirl just for hammer since rocket charge is an abomination of a skill. That way nobody will cry about hammer actually having a reliable skill to proc their quickness to go with rocket charge. Whirl would also be nice for the shredder gyro which any weapon based build could use.

Tried out my hammer scrapper today and it's just so clunky to the point I have no real interest to keep playing it. Having whirl be added or hammer specifically using whirl instead of leap would make me enjoy this new design much more.

I´m praying that Anet just reverts the changes honestly...

Adding whirl finisher would certainly help improving this current mess but I´m not sure if it would feel that much better.

Probably won´t bring back all the scrapper players that gave up the spec because of this clunky and not fun playstyle.

But it would be better than nothing for sure.

Edited by Tuskali.6417