I have a deal for you, Anet.

FortyTwo.8697

1 hour ago, alteriel valie.4751 said:

i've pre-ordered every expansion,i've even pre-ordered the core game!
Last night i had the new expansion page opened for over one hour and thinking what to do,never happened before!
I still havent bought the new expansion!
None complained about scourge and they killed him!

I also contemplated pre-ordering the next expansion. Frankly, the expansion does look really good. But the fact Anet pushed through this patch despite the overwhelming valid criticism makes me worried for the future of this game. Let's hope they will listen to us.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Like the title says, I have a deal to offer you. You revert all the changes made to necromancer and I will pre-order your next expansion.

What will it be, Anet? Money? Or no money? The choice is yours. Choose wisely.

Someone is going through the stages of grief.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

Someone is going through the stages of grief.

I am going through them.

For real, I've been playing GW franchise for almost 2 decades. I really cared for this series. What is happening this year is heartbreaking for me and I'm not going to hide it. 

I'm so tired of this clown fiesta of design fails. Everything they released this year is underwhelming, including the story episode with a few voice lines dropping every week. What happened to the epic level of storytelling that the game used to have? I will gladly pay for it to come back. 

I only appreciate the art and music still, literally everything else turns up worse that I expected, and they don't really have the pandemic excuse anymore. I don't have any hopes for the new expansion. 

And yes, I have a shitload of grief. This is devastating. 

Edited by nutri.1385
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, nutri.1385 said:

I am going through them.

For real, I've been playing GW franchise for almost 2 decades. I really cared for this series. What is happening this year is heartbreaking for me and I'm not going to hide it. 

I'm so tired of this clown fiesta of design fails. Everything they released this year is underwhelming, including the story episode with a few voice lines dropping every week. What happened to the epic level of storytelling that the game used to have? I will gladly pay for it to come back. 

I only appreciate the art and music still, literally everything else turns up worse that I expected, and they don't really have the pandemic excuse anymore. I don't have any hopes for the new expansion. 

And yes, I have a shitload of grief. This is devastating. 

Yeah, sorry. I was joking because the bargaining, but I'm not actually amused by the events themselves. I just had a gallows humor moment (you can check my posts if you think I'm being dishonest).

I was a launch day player, so I get it. It's not the first time they've gutted my playstyle, nor is it the second, so I'm pretty upset about it. It's one thing to become weaker from balance changes. I'd be okay with that as long as it isn't extreme (like the pre-PoF nerfs to all condi to shift condi power over to PoF specs, which was also wtf). It's another thing to have the build literally removed. I've had to change either my class or my stats more than once. I don't know why there's an expectation that we'll just take it and continue being customers when our time and effort put in the game isn't respected in the slightest, but I'm past the threshold of simply being upset and simply not wanting anything to do with the company now. And they're doing their usual silence act despite the forum imploding over this, so whoever makes the policies clearly doesn't respect us in a broader sense. And I'm tired of it.

Edited by Acanthus.8120
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

Yeah, sorry. I was joking because the bargaining, but I'm not actually amused by the events themselves. I just had a gallows humor moment (you can check my posts if you think I'm being dishonest).

Bargaining is one of the best methods for solving problems. It's a method of problem solving that has stood the test of time for thousands of years. Anet is a company that makes games. Anet wants my money. I want a good gaming experience. Anet delivers that experience and in exchange I give them money. Once Anet stops giving me the gaming experience that I want I stop giving them money. If Anet wants my money again they will have to give me the gaming experience that I want. It's a basic transaction. You scratch my back, I scratch yours. A lot of companies these days seem to think they no longer need the customer's money. I like to proof them wrong. The customer is god, his will is absolute, and companies are there to grovel at the customer's feet and beg for his money.

Edited by FortyTwo.8697
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They know people will still keep playing no matter how asinine the patches become. They don't care about you, me, or any player for that matter. They will just do whatever they want because they can and get away with it. So they killed scourge and parts of necro. What percent of the players is that? Sorry to say, but that is what we are putting up against. 

Btw, most of this illogical bs that is happening will go away once we either get rid of quickness/alac, or bake it in to the global cooldown. 
It is getting to the point where they rather break the game in order to add those boons into professions. The hole is getting deeper...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Asumita.2174 said:

They know people will still keep playing no matter how asinine the patches become. They don't care about you, me, or any player for that matter. They will just do whatever they want because they can and get away with it. So they killed scourge and parts of necro. What percent of the players is that? Sorry to say, but that is what we are putting up against. 

Btw, most of this illogical bs that is happening will go away once we either get rid of quickness/alac, or bake it in to the global cooldown. 
It is getting to the point where they rather break the game in order to add those boons into professions. The hole is getting deeper...

Yes, people will keep playing. The real question is, will people keep paying?

To pay, or not to pay? That is the question.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2023 at 7:15 PM, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Bargaining is one of the best methods for solving problems. It's a method of problem solving that has stood the test of time for thousands of years. Anet is a company that makes games. Anet wants my money. I want a good gaming experience. Anet delivers that experience and in exchange I give them money. Once Anet stops giving me the gaming experience that I want I stop giving them money. If Anet wants my money again they will have to give me the gaming experience that I want. It's a basic transaction. You scratch my back, I scratch yours. A lot of companies these days seem to think they no longer need the customer's money. I like to proof them wrong. The customer is god, his will is absolute, and companies are there to grovel at the customer's feet and beg for his money.

In economies of scale, one person bargaining doesn't account for much unless that person has enough capital or leverage to account for many people or if they can speak for many people. I don't disdain what you're doing or anything mind you. It's just your voice won't be loud enough. That's why so many people are simply declaring they quit and having others join them. We're not organized enough to do collective bargaining, so people are doing the next best thing and collectively voting with their time and wallets.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

In economies of scale, one person bargaining doesn't account for much unless that person has enough capital or leverage to account for many people or if they can speak for many people. I don't disdain what you're doing or anything mind you. It's just your voice won't be loud enough. That's why so many people are simply declaring they quit and having others join them. We're not organized enough to do collective bargaining, so people are doing the next best thing and collectively voting with their time and wallets.

And what if more people jump in? Have you seen what happened to Bud Light, Disney and the entire gaming journalist sphere? Hell, even BlackRock, the multi-trillion dollar fund manager/investment firm is losing billions of dollars as we speak. Not even giants are save from the rabble that rally at their feet. It's about time people realize what power they truly have. People also need to stop accepting the label "consumer". You're not a "consumer". You're a potential customer, and companies should fall on their knees and beg for the privilege of receiving your money.

Edited by FortyTwo.8697
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

And what if more people jump in?

39 minutes ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

That's why so many people are simply declaring they quit and having others join them. We're not organized enough to do collective bargaining, so people are doing the next best thing and collectively voting with their time and wallets.

I literally said that.

5 minutes ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

I literally said that.

Why quit if you can demand change? If you quit you no longer have the leverage of being a potential customer for their product. The promise of money in exchange for a job well done will do more than leaving and never coming back. Anet is not so far gone that they are beyond redemption. There is still potential here. The stick requires a carrot at the other end to really make it work.

14 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Why quit if you can demand change? If you quit you no longer have the leverage of being a potential customer for their product.

I don't think you realize how damaging refusing to interact with the product at all is. If sales don't go well, but everyone keeps playing, that makes the expansion look bad to people (executives probably) who simply look at data and don't know about the forum revolt. Numbers dropping off on patch day sends a clear message about exactly what caused the problem.

Edited by Acanthus.8120
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

I don't think you realize how damaging refusing to interact with the product at all is. If sales don't go well, but everyone keeps playing, that makes the expansion look bad to people (executives probably) who simply look at data and don't know about the forum revolt. Numbers dropping off on patch day sends a clear message about exactly what caused the problem.

Abandoning ship is the last resort and only to be used when the ship is genuinely sinking. Frankly, I think people give up to often. But hey, I'm not going to try and tell you what to do. It is not my place to do so, nor is it my intention to do so. It's your time and money. The only one who can choose what to do with that is you.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Abandoning ship is the last resort and only to be used when the ship is genuinely sinking. Frankly, I think people give up to often. But hey, I'm not going to try and tell you what to do. It is not my place to do so, nor is it my intention to do so. It's your time and money. The only one who can choose what to do with that is you.

I'm sitting here trying to explain to you how to affect the bigger picture through metrics and data and you threw out an appeal to ideals.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

I'm sitting here trying to explain to you how to affect the bigger picture through metrics and data and you threw out an appeal to ideals.

And I'm trying to tell you I personally do not think the ship is sinking yet and drastic measures like you propose are not yet necessary. If you disagree with that then that is fine. You do not have to agree with me. You do you. Whatever floats your boat.