Roundtail Dragon Jade Bot Skin

Hi,

As soon as I've seen the new jade bot skin I was in love with it, and decided to get it from the BL Chest. Usually you can get these item's from around 25-50 BL Keys. But now after 75 keys later I've still got nothing. Which made my curious and I did a little bit of research on the subject. I found no evidence about the existence of this skin, no videos, nor screenshots, nothing. Even on it's wiki site it's says "This item is not contained in any container." (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roundtail_Dragon_Jade_Bot_Skin), while it's clearly inside the current BL Chest drop table. In my eyes it's a bit suspicious.

So my question is:

Is it possible that it got bugged, or am I just extremely unlucky this time and wasted a lot of real money?

Anyone else experienced the same?

Thank you in advance for your reply

I got the skin yesterday (right after patch I think) from about 30 ish keys.   So I can confirm that it does drop from the black lion chest.  

However,  if you equip the mini jade bot, with the skin the sound effects for the mini appear bugged, and just play the standard jade bot sounds.

Edited by Ophanym.7086

Hi! I got my dragon last night around 55 keys (bought 2x25 and had a few from map completions). Adding my statistic! 

4 hours ago, shinoda.4578 said:

Using a golden key will guarantee the drop for that jade bot skin? 

From what I understand, the golden keys guarantee a 5th option so you dont have the double rng of proccing a 5th option and then proccing the item you want. 

For the record, I had gotten 3 golden keys from a chest yesterday. I got an uncommon longbow, shortbow and a black lion claim ticket, I believe it was. Hope this helps! 

Edited by mimosa.4196
added quote

At least now I know it's possible to get it from the chest. But it's chance to drop looks smaller than usual. 

From the previous BL Chest I've got literally everything from 25 keys, included both of the exclusive items. Maybe I used all my luck there. 🤣

3 minutes ago, DaveRynn.8629 said:

At least now I know it's possible to get it from the chest. But it's chance to drop looks smaller than usual. 

From the previous BL Chest I've got literally everything from 25 keys, included both of the exclusive items. Maybe I used all my luck there. 🤣

If you never needed more than 25 keys untill now to get the exclusive drops, you were lucky, yes.

But as you have used 75+ keys, you should have at least enough statuettes to buy the bot from the vendor, as soon as it isn't available from the chests anymore.

8 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

If you never needed more than 25 keys untill now to get the exclusive drops, you were lucky, yes.

But as you have used 75+ keys, you should have at least enough statuettes to buy the bot from the vendor, as soon as it isn't available from the chests anymore.

I never said that, I've never needed more than 25 keys. Only 2 times happened in my life when I've got everything from 25 keys. The last time, with the crossbow gun and the shoulders, and one other time back then long ago, when the hydra staff and the sand jackal pup backpack got released. As I mentioned in my original post it's usually take in between 25-50 keys, which is average for everyone. But I can call back another unlucky roll with the svanir gloves. That kitten ate 60 of my keys, while a friend of mine got it on his first try. 😂

Like you said, I'm going to get it from statuettes as soon as possible. That's the plan! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 4:23 AM, Ophanym.7086 said:

I got the skin yesterday (right after patch I think) from about 30 ish keys.   So I can confirm that it does drop from the black lion chest.  

However,  if you equip the mini jade bot, with the skin the sound effects for the mini appear bugged, and just play the standard jade bot sounds.

I thought the original jade bot sound was intended and was disappointing. Good to know that it comes with its own sound effects, although it does not have flapping wings animation like I expected it to. How did you fix the mini sound bug?

• Confused 1

Got mine near on the 92th key.. I even wrote the support about it, because it never took that long to get the rare items from the BLC .. I really thought it was bugged. Still.. it's really kitty that they leave it at such a low drop rate.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Melok.2173 said:

I've been saving keys up for almost 10 months so I can get the ghost bot.  I spent I think 50 keys on it and didn't get it.

You would not be able to get the Playful Ghost Jade Bot skin from a Black Lion Chest, but you likely have enough Black Lion Statuettes to purchase it the Black Lion Chest Merchant.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Playful_Ghost_Jade_Bot_Skin

On 6/28/2023 at 3:32 AM, DaveRynn.8629 said:

Is it possible that it got bugged, or am I just extremely unlucky this time and wasted a lot of real money?

I've met many players that have spent... 40-50 keys and nothing. I am more fortunate and got it on the 3rd. I am usually normally VERY unlucky though so maybe my rng karma was like "here you get one" xD But I think on average, my guildmates (and none of them got it) spent like 50. Even some buying the keys (which tehn went on sale - wtf anet).

Of the other people who got them, 1 got it within 10 and the other within 15.

14 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You would not be able to get the Playful Ghost Jade Bot skin from a Black Lion Chest, but you likely have enough Black Lion Statuettes to purchase it the Black Lion Chest Merchant.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Playful_Ghost_Jade_Bot_Skin

I should have clarified that I was saving up keys for when it may come back around Halloween time.  If I am not able to get it directly from a key, then I will use the statuettes to buy one.  Appreciate the info and reminder that it is available from the merchant though.

• Confused 1