As a casual player I hate the Arc Divider Change

Dadoompha.2836

I play occasionally now (played a ton at launch) and came back after a few weeks away and legitimately thought my game was bugged. I was wondering why my zerker GS burst was doing the exact same thing as my regular GS burst. I had to look up patch notes and see they changed it for whatever reason. I can see why it was apparently changed from this attack, that zerker originally had at launch of HoT, to our 3 burst whirlwind at some point. Now we're back to square one...with an ability that feels awful to use

The ability feels like a wet noodle compared to what it was. You have to remember how an ability FEELS is just as important as it's damage. I'm a raging berserker and should feel that when I pop zerker form, not just Warrior but 0.0000001% more angry.

Edited by Verminium.6135
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

actually that goes for the entirety of warrior, we hit for fluff, is like warrior aged literally and them magic muscles turned to fluff. 🍜

It just feels beyond bad when my Charr says "I will destroy you all" and she does a pathetic spin, compared to what was done before this patch,  a chunky 3 hit attack with visual effects and sound effects. Plus what I'm reading, the burst from zerker GS is 100x easier to dodge in pvp, which is where they were trying to balance it. Now there is a massive windup which anyone with a  braincell can dodge.

Edited by Verminium.6135
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Verminium.6135 said:

It just feels beyond bad when my Charr says "I will destroy you all" and she does a pathetic spin, compared to what was done before this patch,  a chunky 3 hit attack with visual effects and sound effects. Plus what I'm reading, the burst from zerker GS is 100x easier to dodge in pvp, which is where they were trying to balance it. Now there is a massive windup which anyone with a  braincell can dodge.

Heh! The only F2 activation voice-over that's even remotely convincing to me is the human. "Gggaa...I'll destroy you all!!!" And Arc Divider is just...anemic. There's no life in it. Even Arcing Slice is more responsive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Verminium.6135 said:

"You Can't stop me!" 

Hits Aegis

😭 😭😭😭  oml

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Slot signet of might and never feel this way again. Unblockable access is huge right now, and we’re one of the lucky ones to get it on utility.

Your opponents aren't bots lmao. They have eyes.

Anyone above mid gold that sees might signet dissapear from your bar, around the time you turn red will just dodge or blind you.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 4

Slot signet of might and never feel this way again. Unblockable access is huge right now, and we’re one of the lucky ones to get it on utility.

signet of might has always been underrated, but slotting it you give up so much needed utility warrior just can't afford, and taking arms for signet mastery,  is mediocre traitlines are already saturated, so only builds it truly has a place in is yolo sadly.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

signet of might has always been underrated, but slotting it you give up so much needed utility warrior just can't afford, and taking arms for signet mastery,  is mediocre traitlines are already saturated, so only builds it truly has a place in is yolo sadly.

I swear to you if you are a warrior and pop signet of might and you don't immediately kill me, I'm ready to either kite your one mobility utility out or punish you for not bringing enough stunbreaks, depending on what I see you use next. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Your opponents aren't bots lmao. They have eyes.

Anyone above mid gold that sees might signet dissapear from your bar, around the time you turn red will just dodge or blind you.

It’s not so easy to time or dodge in a teamfight. I’ve landed it on actual good players. I play in plat.

It’s not so easy to time or dodge in a teamfight. I’ve landed it on actual good players. I play in plat.

Gverything works when the opponent isn't looking at you.

The reason it got changed in the first place was because it was difficult for people not paying attention to it to dodge. They axed the damage in WvW for it about the same time. 

1 minute ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

everything works when the opponent isn't looking at you.

I think it’s okay for some skills to work that way. It makes sense some skills are gonna shine most in a teamfight, like 360 radius cleave on five targets, and other skills for example a single target port are gonna be better and harder to react to 1v1.

16 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

I think it’s okay for some skills to work that way. It makes sense some skills are gonna shine most in a teamfight, like 360 radius cleave on five targets, and other skills for example a single target port are gonna be better and harder to react to 1v1.

There's nothing wrong with having reactable skills that require your opponent to be indisposed to set up. There is a problem when that is essentially your whole kit, Relegating Zerker to only being able to do damage/get burst trait access if people are ignoring it is bad for it. 

Also if you get blinded midswing or get a weakness proc in that teamfight (because there's blind and weakness access that -isnt- reactable) you miss the whole thing. Even in team fights it has the potential to do nothing much more frequently than the old divider. 

Once you glance for 700 a couple of times or whiff because an elementalist decided to press blinding flash when you turned red, youll come around. Old divider would have given you 66% of your damage and GM procs in that same situation. 

• Thanks 1