Skyscale collection

Can I get the skyscale the like normal way up to and even after the new expansion being out? Like if i start the collection now, but don't finish in time, it won't go away? As you can then choose to get the skyscale the new way? The mount isn't just given away, you still have to earn it right. 

From what I've read the old collection will still exist and be completable, since you need to complete both paths for all the bonus features.

So in Soto you can either:

Use the new, easy way to get the mount, which means you'll have to use the old, hard way if you want all bonus features. 

Or-

Use the old, hard way to get the mount (this applies to everyone who already has it), meaning you can easily gain the bonus features the new way. 

Imo it's a really fair way to make obtaining the mount easier, as everyone will have to do the same amount of work for all the features. It also means it doesn't really matter which path you take first, and your progress should be fine 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Kitsune.5069 said:

From what I've read the old collection will still exist and be completable, since you need to complete both paths for all the bonus features.

Use the new, easy way to get the mount, which means you'll have to use the old, hard way if you want all bonus features. 

Or-

Use the old, hard way to get the mount (this applies to everyone who already has it), meaning you can easily gain the bonus features the new way. 

Imo it's a really fair way to make obtaining the mount easier, as everyone will have to do the same amount of work for all the features. It also means it doesn't really matter which path you take first, and your progress should be fine 🙂

oh it definitely matters... Errands for original skyscale collection will be much easier.

• Confused 1

The various articles about SotO mention that there will be bonuses for people who did both skyscale collections, so it sounds like they're planning to keep them both available.

Also since Season 1 ended they've been pretty good about not removing older stuff in general. All the side story things are still around, so it would be weird for them to remove the skyscale collection now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kitsune.5069 said:

Or-

You don't have to obtain the skyscale in both ways.

Once you complete, say, the easier way, you will have to play PoF content for the masteries, but not do the entire collection again lmao.