Guild Wars patches and updates are made by people who have never played in this game?

All the new content in the game does not add pleasure to the gameplay, all recent updates are filled with mostly nerve and those up that are either insignificant, or aimed at the professions, which are already feeling pretty good. 
Any class that is comfortable to play in the near future nerfs, add to this the fact that the content is only expanding but not deepening, for players who want to play difficult content there is no corresponding to their time and effort rewards (why do I do CMs if I can go and get more on the event meta in a half asleep mode).
Over the past 3 years the game has gone from something that challenges you to something that invites you to spend a couple of hours in the evening in afk mode. 
The idea to expand the community with new players and make nice content for them is not bad, but do not forget that this game has a community of players who have enjoyed the game for years, who buy new updates without even thinking about whether it is worth it to buy, who had advertised this game in their circle of friends as something completely new in the gaming world and not as a passing Korean game in which the developers of recent years are making this game. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, FatumNemezis.9568 said:

All the new content in the game does not add pleasure to the gameplay, all recent updates are filled with mostly nerve and those up that are either insignificant, or aimed at the professions, which are already feeling pretty good. 
Any class that is comfortable to play in the near future nerfs, add to this the fact that the content is only expanding but not deepening, for players who want to play difficult content there is no corresponding to their time and effort rewards (why do I do CMs if I can go and get more on the event meta in a half asleep mode).
Over the past 3 years the game has gone from something that challenges you to something that invites you to spend a couple of hours in the evening in afk mode. 
The idea to expand the community with new players and make nice content for them is not bad, but do not forget that this game has a community of players who have enjoyed the game for years, who buy new updates without even thinking about whether it is worth it to buy, who had advertised this game in their circle of friends as something completely new in the gaming world and not as a passing Korean game in which the developers of recent years are making this game. 

It's the other way around, people who complain about the classes, have no idea, how balance works.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, TheRunningSquire.3621 said:

It's the other way around, people who complain about the classes, have no idea, how balance works.

Nope. Most people that complain, of course, have only cursory knowledge about balance, but a small part of community do seem to have a far better grasp on game balancing than devs do. Additionally, there's a much, much bigger number of players, that, while by themselves would not have an idea of how to manage such a complex project as game balance, are at least competent enough to recognize bad balancing when they see one.

You don't need to be an architect and be able to build a house to spot glaring construction failures if they are clearly visible, after all.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

tbh, I've also seen this in SWTOR. A number of patches they announced and many people said/shouted "No, don't do this!". And we explained why it would be a bad idea. They implemented it anyway and than what we said would go wrong did go wrong...and not just once.

I never understood why game makers insist on something that people can instantly point out what the problem is with it and they still do it, only to have it go wrong. Now, I'm not saying that goes for everything. But it happens often enough to make you wonder.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I never understood why game makers insist on something that people can instantly point out what the problem is with it

It usually happens when people doing balancing do not have in-game experience that allows players to immediately recognize a bad idea for what it is. Many such ideas look perfectly fine on paper, if you lack in-game context to be able to see them from a bit wider perspective.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2