Give Cloak and Dagger more range in PvE

GetFoxxed.9478

Functionality such as skill radii probably shouldn't differ drastically between game modes so players can have a consistent experience when switching between them.

Imagine how jarring and awful-feeling it'd be to be learning the game on 240 range melee to be thrust into PvP with much more fast-moving and evasive targets while having basically half the range.

I think this is unfortunately something you just need to spend some time playing around with a bit longer.  You'll become a master of it soon enough and be able to land it against almost anything after a little bit of practice - I promise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's been suggested before but giving it a short shadowstep akin to Rev's Deathstrike would be one possible solution to make it a more reliable skill. This would also add some more synergy with "on shadowstep" traits. Would probably require some damage or initiative cost adjustments though so it's debatable whether or not this approach would be a buff or a nerf.

Edited by Eugenides.1274
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Eugenides.1274 said:

It's been suggested before but giving it a short shadowstep akin to Rev's Deathstrike would be one possible solution to make it a more reliable skill. This would also add some more synergy with "on shadowstep" traits. Would probably require some damage or initiative cost adjustments though so it's debatable whether or not this approach would be a buff or a nerf.

I feel like C&D is used infrequently enough that it costing 1-2 more imitative wouldn't make it worthless for what its used for as well as if you take SA you're recovering initiative from entering/exiting stealth (assuming that still exists) 

On 7/4/2023 at 7:51 PM, Eugenides.1274 said:

That is an interesting thought that I had never considered. Even like a 100-200 unit shadowstep would be neat, and my Specter brain is loving the idea of giving Sc/D builds a way to proc Traversing Dusk and Shadow Savior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Impling.4170 said:

That is an interesting thought that I had never considered. Even like a 100-200 unit shadowstep would be neat, and my Specter brain is loving the idea of giving Sc/D builds a way to proc Traversing Dusk and Shadow Savior.

Sounds too good, with too much synergy. The nerf hammer will come around and make it useless if not paired with these synergy traits. Same reason the endurance on shadowstep trait in acrobatics is so weak, because Sword 2 exists. I think cloak and Dagger is in an almost perfect spot. It is easy Stealth for PvE and hard enough in competitive to be good, but not overpowered.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/6/2023 at 2:55 AM, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Sounds too good, with too much synergy. The nerf hammer will come around and make it useless if not paired with these synergy traits. Same reason the endurance on shadowstep trait in acrobatics is so weak, because Sword 2 exists. I think cloak and Dagger is in an almost perfect spot. It is easy Stealth for PvE and hard enough in competitive to be good, but not overpowered.

lol idk anyone running dagger offhand in pvp its been dead for years probably since s/d died. its such an unreliable access to stealth which is why everyone has been using d/p for years because its way easier to access stealth. its not an issue for pve because the mobs literally stand there to take it

5 hours ago, ArcanistSeven.8720 said:

lol idk anyone running dagger offhand in pvp its been dead for years probably since s/d died. its such an unreliable access to stealth which is why everyone has been using d/p for years because its way easier to access stealth. its not an issue for pve because the mobs literally stand there to take it

Spectre roamer has some use for it. 

7 hours ago, ArcanistSeven.8720 said:

P/D and Sc/D is played in solo WvW to my knowledge.

OH Dagger is generally weak because on power kits skill 4 is bad, and on D/D Death Blossom is trash for how much it costs and the kit has no mobility to keep up with any of the powercreeped elites, and S/D is weak now because it lacks any real damage and doesn't really utilize stealth as it is.

CnD is generally fine, especially once you get good at animation cancels.  The bigger issues on OH Dagger loadouts are pertinent to frankly the skills that aren't CnD and the overall state of the game.

Edited by DeceiverX.8361
  • Thanks 1