Firebrand quality of life

lodjur.1284

Can we please get autorecharge of mantras in WvW (outside of combat)?

Reverting to current version of mantras was horrible, if we're gonna have em, at least remove "oops forgot to charge my mantra when i moved map/respawned"

Because that's all it is, something you can forget, it doesn’t add a decision, or any form of skill expression, or even a longer runback in most scenarios (and when it does it's extremely minor). It just feels like an annoyance for the sake of annoyance. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Can we please get autorecharge of mantras in WvW (outside of combat)?

Reverting to current version of mantras was horrible, if we're gonna have em, at least remove "oops forgot to charge my mantra when i moved map/respawned"

Because that's all it is, something you can forget, it doesn’t add a decision, or any form of skill expression, or even a longer runback in most scenarios (and when it does it's extremely minor). It just feels like an annoyance for the sake of annoyance. 

It is quite annoying for a PVE/WVW player to remember to charge mantras for just one game mode, so I support this change. It's not like you can respawn and run back into the fray on those maps before the mantra charging time anyway. At this point, I'd be happy if they didn't reset every time I stick my toe in the water. So annoying.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

It is quite annoying for a PVE/WVW player to remember to charge mantras for just one game mode, so I support this change. It's not like you can respawn and run back into the fray on those maps before the mantra charging time anyway. At this point, I'd be happy if they didn't reset every time I stick my toe in the water. So annoying.

You can have it equipped underwater which solves that particular problem at least

Edited by lodjur.1284

• 2 weeks later...

I do see a point in them not auto recharging when out of combat in WvW, since recharging the mantras prevents you from mounting up for example. But, why not auto recharge them when using a waypoint (maybe excluding emergency ones)? If I swap maps or port back to the keep, I am usually nowhere near any enemies.