[POLL] About the recent Acrobatic traitline change

FrancisN.9276

How do you feel about the change to Acrobatic?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the change to Acrobatic?

• It is in a good spot and worth taking for certain builds.
    • It is a step in the right direction, but still does not have the impact we wanted.
    • Is there a change? I can't even tell. Swindler's Equilibrium is still bugged just like before the patch.
    • Actually, it kind of feels like a nerf.

22 hours ago, itspomf.9523 said:

DPS buff for Power Daredevil in raids.

Not even that? In no world does acrobatic beat Critical Strike or deathly Arts in damage. Also bound doesn't trigger the damage buff. So you need to alternate between Staff 2 and bound for the very short damage buffs. which is way to hectic for my taste.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2023 at 2:54 PM, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Not even that? In no world does acrobatic beat Critical Strike or deathly Arts in damage. Also bound doesn't trigger the damage buff. So you need to alternate between Staff 2 and bound for the very short damage buffs. which is way to hectic for my taste.

Yeah, it is funny why they decided to let movement skills give that damage buff instead of dodges, which are the main theme of this traitline.

On 7/11/2023 at 4:44 PM, itspomf.9523 said:

With a loss of 240 Concentration on top of +50% Vigor effect -- you know, the boon the entire trait line otherwise provides -- it's a massive nerf disguised as a DPS buff for Power Daredevil in raids.

At first, I thought the loss of 50% Vigor effect was worth the 10% damage increase tradeoff. After playing for a while, I realized it came with a huge loss in sustainability and 10% damage was not much of a gain to compensate for that.

• Like 2

the trait line needed a full rework since 2015 when it was gutted to make Daredevil. Acrobatics feels like a mediocre combination of other trait lines. ini regen? ill just take SA to get ini on entering and exiting stealth, reducing effects of movement inhibiting condi's? ill just take DD and run dash to remove em completely, more damage? ill just take kitten or CS, reducing steal cd? ill just take trickery for 20% cd reduction. i like the trait 10% increased damage on shadowstep and would like see more traits that augment gameplay through shadowstep

• Like 5

It's kind of a nerf in some areas and a buff in others, but it's not like Acro was good enough before to justify taking, anyways, so... net neutral.  I like the direction, just it's not a strong enough trait line to take for any kit, really.

For modifying something as ubiquitous as the dodge mechanic, it needs to be more functional without sword.

Without the vigor potency buff it's kind of pointless in the PvP modes compared to Daredevil, and without real damage it's kind of pointless in PvE.  Fluid strikes is trying to make more options than sword a thing within the traitline, but Upper Hand just isn't good enough to justify taking compared to SA for most builds.

SwEq is still unequivocally a trait *only* usable for S/X, and HtC *kind* of works for D/P via Shadow Shot spam, but is just so much worse than SA's utility.

Otherwise you're basically forced into GI, which is generally just worse than what SA gives in superspeed, and honestly, the adept tier is kind of bad aside from Pain Response.  Which is still worse than EF in the same trait level on Daredevil.

It still largely feels like a budget version of Daredevil.  At best it kind of somewhat helps you when playing with mobility, but Daredevil just outright gives you the mobility while offering basically the same damage bonus, generally strictly better traits doing nearly the same exact things.

Edited by DeceiverX.8361
  • Like 3