Help: Newbie player regarding Legendary weapons

Hello,

I played the game before like 10 years ago or I forgot, bought the expac to play again. anyways let me get straight to the question, and sorry if this has been asked many times or before but I searched google and here but I haven't got the answer Im looking for;

My goal and my primary goal is to grind for the Legendary Weapon and Armor in PVE. question is, will it affect PVP or will I experience advantage on PVP when im using Legendaries?

Thank you so much!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, hammersmash.7540 said:

question is, will it affect PVP or will I experience advantage on PVP when im using Legendaries?

No it won't.

Structured PvP uses an entirely seperate equipment system and legendaries have no impact at all there, they're purely cosmetic. World vs World does use the same equipment as PvE, but legendaries have identical stats to ascended items so you can be just as strong with cheaper and easier to obtain ascended items as with legendaries.

The advantages of legendary items are that you can change the stats at any time for free so you don't need to get new equipment for different builds, and you can equip them on all your level 80 characters at once - so if you have a legendary light helm all your light armoured characters can wear it, you'll never need another one. They're convenience and cosmetic items, not a strength upgrade.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just to add in case you are unaware, the upcoming expansion (Aug.22nd release) will introduce a new acquisition path to Legendary Armor, with actual availability scheduled for the second 'major' update following that release (so... by the end of the year?).  Anyway, all to say that if you have begun grinding you may want to prioritize the weapon first, in case the new path to the armor is discovered to be preferential for you...

Best of luck and welcome back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

Well.  So six months to start whatever the collection is, in preparation?  Why does this new path suddenly feel ominous?  lol.  

That doesn't mean they expect it to take 6 months to prepare. They want to spread out the features across all the quarterly releases and expansion collections are a logical thing to split into chunks.

Raid legendary armour was even more extreme. The first part of the collection was released with the first raid in November 2015, the final part was in May 2017 - over a year and a half later - but that doesn't mean it takes everyone a year and a half to complete it.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 7:42 AM, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

Well.  So six months to start whatever the collection is, in preparation?  Why does this new path suddenly feel ominous?  lol.  

If it helps it feel less ominous, check the announcement regarding the expansion. They mention I believe two gear collections that will need to be completed as part of the process. Assuming these are available at launch, that's a specific goal to work towards in the meantime.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1