Ultimate edition via steam

Hey everyone, I know everybody's aware that the deluxe and ultimate versions are not on steam and they want us to upgrade through gems but when i open the store i don't see the ultimate version, does that become available after i buy the deluxe ? also do you think it will be possible to buy gems through steam ? i guess it's less profitable but other mmos let players do that, sorry if this was a repetead topic, i couldn't find any new ones

Edited by Frostfear.2158

so can i upgrade my steam version on arenanet website ?

edit: i just tried and it says ''Gems can be purchased at the Guild Wars 2 in-game store (Black Lion Trading Company) using your Steam wallet.
To purchase game upgrades, please visit the Guild Wars 2 store on Steam.''

but steam doesn't sell the upgrades as we already know and gemstore only shows the deluxe upgrade 

Edited by Frostfear.2158

The ultimate is a special bundle offer only available from buy.guildwars2.com of the deluxe + 4000 gems. There will never be an option to upgrade to it, since it would be the same as buying the deluxe and gems separately.

They could offer the deluxe and ultimate directly on Steam, but I'm guessing they're wanting to keep it simple, since Steam is for casual users.

All purchases on a Steam account go through Steam. If you want gems or the upgrades, you buy them in the gem store. They have no reason to offer them directly on Steam.

49 minutes ago, Frostfear.2158 said:

edit: i just tried and it says ''Gems can be purchased at the Guild Wars 2 in-game store (Black Lion Trading Company) using your Steam wallet.
To purchase game upgrades, please visit the Guild Wars 2 store on Steam.''

but steam doesn't sell the upgrades as we already know and gemstore only shows the deluxe upgrade 

So when you login to your account press O to get up the gem shop, what do you see in the second to last tab in this picture called upgrades?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store#/media/File:Black_Lion_Trading_Company_interface.jpg

Is there no deluxe upgrade for 2400 gems?

And those gems you have to buy through steam aswell btw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frostfear.2158 said:

No, Steam accounts and ArenaNet accounts are incompatible as far as purchases go.  https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053416353-Steam-FAQ

The Ultimate Edition is only offered from ArenaNet, nowhere else, and only for ArenaNet accounts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Is there no deluxe upgrade for 2400 gems?

And those gems you have to buy through steam aswell btw.

there is !! i can buy it like that but i don't see the ultimate version which is what i want and i don't want to buy the deluxe version just to find out that i can't upgrade that to ultimate but others said i can never buy it. that's just sad tbh because i left my 10 year old account to get a fresh start on steam ( old one didn't have anything important but still was important for me 😞 ) . i wish they told us that this was gonna be the case , i would never switch to steam and now it's too late to go back 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Frostfear.2158 said:

there is !! i can buy it like that but i don't see the ultimate version which is what i want and i don't want to buy the deluxe version just to find out that i can't upgrade that to ultimate but others said i can never buy it. that's just sad tbh because i left my 10 year old account to get a fresh start on steam ( old one didn't have anything important but still was important for me 😞 ) . i wish they told us that this was gonna be the case , i would never switch to steam and now it's too late to go back 

Well then buy deluxe and buy 4k gems poof there is ur ultimate edition.

Anets ultimate edition is a discount on 4k gems but since you decided to move to steam they want a cut on every gem you purchase so you have to purchase those seperately from now on.

Anet did tell you that steam and their shop is not compatible years before it even got availiable on steam.

And Ultimate edition have never been anywere else then on Anet store.

Edit

So if all your after are 4k gems buy basic edition and 4k gems on steam is the best choice.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Anet did tell you that steam and their shop is not compatible years before it even got availiable on steam.

And Ultimate edition have never been anywere else then on Anet store.

yeah i'm sure there was a notice about it but my mistake was comparing it to other mmos i play, for example, eso. it has everything accessible via steam . i should've read more carefully on anets announcement but i think they could also do a better job on making sure we know we will have a limitation. i only bought the original verison of the game in 2012 and when i decided to buy the expansions it was already on steam so didn't have any experience with ultimate versions before. anyways, i guess i'll miss that char slot and raptor skin 😞

thanks for all the help guys  i hope this topic helps to others if they experience the same thing .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Frostfear.2158 said:

yeah i'm sure there was a notice about it but my mistake was comparing it to other mmos i play, for example, eso. it has everything accessible via steam . i should've read more carefully on anets announcement but i think they could also do a better job on making sure we know we will have a limitation. i only bought the original verison of the game in 2012 and when i decided to buy the expansions it was already on steam so didn't have any experience with ultimate versions before. anyways, i guess i'll miss that char slot and raptor skin 😞

thanks for all the help guys  i hope this topic helps to others if they experience the same thing .

You dont have to miss that, just buy gems through steam and upgrade to deluxe edition for said 2400 gems, poof character slot and raptor skin.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You dont have to miss that, just buy gems through steam and upgrade to deluxe edition for said 2400 gems, poof character slot and raptor skin.

yeah i can get them with deluxe you're right, the advantage was if i could get ultimate the skin and slot would come as free because of the gem prices but i guess that raptor skin is worth the difference for now , at least i won't miss it. thanks 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1