Chronomancer Healer Build Post

Mell.4873

After testing this in Fractals/Strikes/Raid I have finally got some semblance of something playable
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAs6ZlZwaYeMQ2Je6TttPA-zRJYqR3fZkYKkaVpzAA-e

• If you need more healing, you can trait Mantras
  • If you need more might run Well of Action or Manta of Pain
  • If you need more Quickness or Alacrity slot in Phantasm utilities
  • If you need more Aegis and boon duration, Trait Signets and use Signet of Inspiration

Overall, the build is attempting to stack as many different types of healing for more Sustain. If you need Burst healing, it can be tricky but Wells a good default with traited Mantras being the next best thing. The Sustain should be high enough to not need Burst healing but you have options.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• 3 weeks later...

One thing, Signet of Inspiration is not for healers. After one of the updates previously, it has no use for the group, so it is pretty much abandoned. 

But it is still not very viable. I tried it several times. The problem is always that its healing is too late. Mantra has 2 seconds delay, well has 3 seconds delay. I think this works better in WvW than PvE. In PvE, your health may go straight down from full to 20% in 1 sec. You need a instand burst heal or you die. When you finish your mantra, you are already dead. 

My build has about 1600 healing power and 60% boon duration without food and buff. Just can't heal through boneskinner. 

At least, Chronomancer cannot heal any raid, no boneskinner, no harvest temple, no old lions court. But in open world and wvw small group fight, it has better performance than some other healers.

1 hour ago, Drag You Down.2615 said:

Only if Anet can buff All's well that ends well a little bit, provide healing when you drop the well and give something else when well finishs, like barrier, cleanse, boons or another healing pulse. Then chrono healer will be alive. 

That and give restorative mantras heal on cast back. While at it increase bountiful disillusionment application to 5 people around you and we will have something going. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

That and give restorative mantras heal on cast back. While at it increase bountiful disillusionment application to 5 people around you and we will have something going. 

Or there will be another solution. Make the next weapon, yes, I am talking about rifle, as a long-ranged supportive healing weapon. provide some instant burst healing and useful utilities and boons.

The rifle can also be a mid ranged shotgun which can heal allies and damage enemies in a narrow sector area.

Edited by Drag You Down.2615
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Drag You Down.2615 said:

One thing, Signet of Inspiration is not for healers. After one of the updates previously, it has no use for the group, so it is pretty much abandoned. 

But it is still not very viable. I tried it several times. The problem is always that its healing is too late. Mantra has 2 seconds delay, well has 3 seconds delay. I think this works better in WvW than PvE. In PvE, your health may go straight down from full to 20% in 1 sec. You need a instand burst heal or you die. When you finish your mantra, you are already dead. 

My build has about 1600 healing power and 60% boon duration without food and buff. Just can't heal through boneskinner. 

At least, Chronomancer cannot heal any raid, no boneskinner, no harvest temple, no old lions court. But in open world and wvw small group fight, it has better performance than some other healers.

That's not entirely true, the thing you criticised at the start is your answer. Traited Signets provide you with on demand Aegis with its Distortion and Inspiration Distortion trait.

It terms of on demand healing you best bet is to weapons swap with charged Mantra while using my linked build. I can't remember the exact number but that is roughly 2k+ spike healing. 

Again you really underestimated how powerful the Aegis spam is on Mesmer. 

Edited by Mell.4873

1 hour ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

Right now Bountiful Disillusionment gives you Stability which prevents the real weakness of Mantra healing which is the long cast time. It also gives you access to Regeneration for more boon duration. 

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Again you really underestimated how powerful the Aegis spam is on Mesmer. 

Aegis is not heal, in the fight where you receive constant damage pulse, Aegis is useless. Boneskinner is the best example, you constantly receive lethal damage, which is a hps check. Unfortunately, Chronomancer doing it is just not practical at all. Even healbrand and HAM may have difficult time on that. Also, taking Blurred Inscriptions means you will give up more healing from Illusionary Inspiration, just for that short duration of aegis. I personally don't think this is a good deal, seems like you also didn't put BI in your build.

Other examples can be w1 second boss, healing through that will be impossible for chrono. Ham is the best choice there since you can use mech to pulse barrier while using med kit at the same time.

This kind of fight is where healer is really asked to do healing, chrono is not only having a low hps right now, but also no reliable burst heal. I am not against using chrono healer myself, I just feel sad about its current situation. It is very similar to bladesworn healer. Yes, you do have Aegis and heal, but they only work on paper, not in the real fight.

Edited by Drag You Down.2615

6 hours ago, Drag You Down.2615 said:

Aegis is not heal, in the fight where you receive constant damage pulse, Aegis is useless. Boneskinner is the best example, you constantly receive lethal damage, which is a hps check. Unfortunately, Chronomancer doing it is just not practical at all. Even healbrand and HAM may have difficult time on that. Also, taking Blurred Inscriptions means you will give up more healing from Illusionary Inspiration, just for that short duration of aegis. I personally don't think this is a good deal, seems like you also didn't put BI in your build.

Other examples can be w1 second boss, healing through that will be impossible for chrono. Ham is the best choice there since you can use mech to pulse barrier while using med kit at the same time.

This kind of fight is where healer is really asked to do healing, chrono is not only having a low hps right now, but also no reliable burst heal. I am not against using chrono healer myself, I just feel sad about its current situation. It is very similar to bladesworn healer. Yes, you do have Aegis and heal, but they only work on paper, not in the real fight.

I agree it needs more healing buffs, but I can definitely use it. I mostly use it in Fractals at this stage.

Boneskinner is more down to Feedback spam.

• Like 1