Idea for making Squadmanaging more accessible and convinient

Hello gw2 Gamers,

this is my first post really on the gw2 forum, so I hope my post is in the right category and maybe wasn't brought up yet.

I'm often playing Raids, Strikes and Open world events where I need to manage my squad. Especially in Raids and Strikes, it's often difficult to have an overview in which role has everyone. Often one person left, and you need to play the guessing game which role that person was. (skill issue? Peanut brain? yes)

I overheard people to come up with things like having Role slots (similar to ffxiv job slots when hosting a raid in pf) and reworking the whole lfg to be able to join with your role directly etc etc.

Needless to say, that's a lot of work for something that is very difficult to implement and probably won't ever happen.

My idea is much simpler. Give the players the tools to help themselves / organize themselves. Meaning, be able to change the colour of tiles of the squad menu or giving it a marker / dot (that you can change the colour of as well). Like, for example, you give Quickness an orange colour and Alac a purple colour. When someone is leaving, you know instantly what role you lost and need to to replace. Maybe you can even mark with 2 dots or colours, since we can mark Heal Alacs for the role colour for healers and Alacrity.

That open a lot of other utility like marking special roles like tanks, kiter, pylons, handkite etc etc.

For me personally, that would make my life as commander much more manageable, but I would love to hear your opinion about it! Thanks for reading.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

And as a wvw player:

• I'd like to change the color of my subteam to better distinguish it on the minimap from the rest of the squad than just as light blue and medium blue.
  • I would like to find myself faster in the squad overview.
  • I would like to have my team number in the grid view (not squad view), so that I always know which team I currently belong to, even if a lieutenant is shuffling around again.

Being able to assign myself a role, like heal, support, dps, would be the icing on the cake. Would only be relevant for classes that can play multiple roles without changing the spec.
I can't assume that everyone joins with a metabuild.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1