Disconnecting from server a lot lately with lots of lag

I have both my Steam and Anet accounts just losing connection to server randomly a lot lately and lots of lag like when I mount I will be on the mount already for others but just be standing there on my end and then get in the mount causing a lot of desync with the lag. It also shows itself in characters just standing up like normal when in the turtle mount either side just standing on top like I am doing a stunt. It makes it hard to play, but I guess with Baldur's Gate 3 out now it's not too bad to have GW2 not be very playable right now...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

yah im semi-new returning, but i've been having your issue the entire time since i've been back.

i did anet's connectivity troubleshoot, got a hold of my ISP, they said it's on gw2's end. I get in contact with gw2 support & after a very brief back & forth; they're now telling me it's my ISP's fault.
so wtf am i suppose to do now?

• Confused 1

Yep, can confirm. Disconnects and huge lag spikes lately on Abaddon's Mouth / Ring of Fire in WvW. A friend hat the same issues yesterday on Piken, too.

And lately the game often feels sluggish even if the Ping in the options-screen is okay-ish (70ms)

Edited by Tiscan.8345
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Last 3-4 days have been unplayable. Typical latency of 250ms as Australian spikes randomly between 450-1500, even attempting an event like Dragonstorm becomes impossible as everything freezes in place every few seconds and hotkeys refuse to react to being pressed. Nothing else outside of GW2 is having network issues for me, definitely game related. First night I noticed it happening I couldn't even login completely, launcher wouldn't display current news but let me into character select but trying to login further resulted in infinite loading screen.

• Confused 1

On 8/11/2023 at 2:34 PM, KSnacks.5091 said:

yah im semi-new returning, but i've been having your issue the entire time since i've been back.

i did anet's connectivity troubleshoot, got a hold of my ISP, they said it's on gw2's end. I get in contact with gw2 support & after a very brief back & forth; they're now telling me it's my ISP's fault.
so wtf am i suppose to do now?

That is your typical IT answer, point the finger at the other IT person.  You need to check your ping to the AWS server.  Find out where the problem is.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1