An issue with the Client and downloader

I used to play the vanilla when it came out and I left the PC gaming pretty much when I got a ps4.2 days ago a friend of mine told me that PoF is pretty good so I thought what the hell why not.I started downloading so my old client got updated with a new one and it started downloading but here is the problem after6% it gets stuck ! How you ask ?it is downloading no doubt but it wont go any further so im stuck at download 265,426 files are left and it keeps Downloading ! but it wont go any further it is tuck at 0% but it keeps downloading .so far it has downloaded around 33 GB ! which i think is a little hugei thought to myself maybe the file it is downloading currenlty is a big file but i remmember the bigest file ever was around 14 GBts !the other wierd thing is after downloading a little its lit gets disconnected but continues to downloadi dont know if bioth expantions are this big and or if it is actually doing its jo or no its glitching and downloading the same file again adn again .1 more thing you need to know is that the game files are on my exteernal hard drive not on my internal hard drivei thought maybe there is a problem with external hard dirive but its working fine with other gamesthank you very much .i attahed a picture link you can cheak it outhttp://uupload.ir/files/mygp_untitled.png

GW2 is stuck trying to download the same file over and over because it's not getting what it expects. Something is likely manipulating your traffic. It could be security software, malware, or something outside of your control, which will require a VPN.

First, simply try a different patch server:-assetsrv 34.202.17.122

To find out which file specifically is the problem, you can enable logging with the -log option. Let it download for a bit, then open the log file in notepad (%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log).

@Healix.5819 said:GW2 is stuck trying to download the same file over and over because it's not getting what it expects. Something is likely manipulating your traffic. It could be security software, malware, or something outside of your control, which will require a VPN.

First, simply try a different patch server:-assetsrv 34.202.17.122

To find out which file specifically is the problem, you can enable logging with the -log option. Let it download for a bit, then open the log file in notepad (%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log).

wow i turned on a free vpn service its moving forward now ! cannot bilive i donloaded almost 45 GBts of Nothing ...

Archived