SotO will bring some pretty putrid PvP builds...

Malus.2184

9 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

What will renegade be for when that happens? May as well rework the entire spec 

The pierce/25% more bleed trait is pretty strong in a vacuum tbh, but considering how badly the community wants the weapon traits worked into weapons themselves and will likely receive it, uhh...
It will be for nothing and you won't see it even as an off-meta pick, because Renegade traits are pretty bad overall, and your legend choice without glint/alliance is bad too. Even without the pierce, you don't need it that badly for power rene.

Shame, cause citadel bombardment is cool, having a ghost army is cool (thematically anyways lol), but you'll never see any of them and for good reason.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

The pierce/25% more bleed trait is pretty strong in a vacuum tbh, but considering how badly the community wants the weapon traits worked into weapons themselves and will likely receive it, uhh...
It will be for nothing and you won't see it even as an off-meta pick, because Renegade traits are pretty bad overall, and your legend choice without glint/alliance is bad too. Even without the pierce, you don't need it that badly for power rene.

Shame, cause citadel bombardment is cool, having a ghost army is cool (thematically anyways lol), but you'll never see any of them and for good reason.

rework the ghosts into being permanent somehow, no ones gonna play it

5 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

rework the ghosts into being permanent somehow, no ones gonna play it

making kalla playable would take a very large overhaul tbh, like they're fairly powerful effects (the daze spam is hilarious when someone doesn't know what it does) but they're stationary npcs that just get CC'd or die instantly, there's no way to keep any of their current mechanics while making them unkillable or something

even if you forego kalla, renegade's pretty underwhelming compared to what herald and vindi can get
extremely energy hungry, less sustain, less stunbreaks (reaver's rage drives me nuts, it's a stunbreak that grants stab, does damage, dazes, AND can hit 5 targets? like cmon man gimme some of that), it's very w-keyable and kiting is infinitely harder post-EoD, staff as a mandatory weapon instantly deletes your pressure and your lack of sustain means turning momentum around from being forced into it is hard, and i'm sure there's plenty else you could compare to other specs with

you can do some decent damage if people ignore you, it's all very obvious and telegraphed but the actual output can be okay, but were it to be proportional to renegade's weaknesses in every other area, you'd basically have to make seven shot 100-0 things and that's no bueno

i think hybrid weapons like shortbow are a balance problem and shouldn't exist and i would happily continue to play condi renegade even if i lost power, because mallyx leap is fun, but now that you can run the weapon on herald or vindi, and rene gains almost nothing from either of them, i don't know how anyone can justify playing it anymore because "shortbow is cool lol" is no longer applicable

anyways that's my rant
shun any non-renegade you see playing shortbow thanks pvp community, do it for the little guys like me, luv u

• Like 2
  • Haha 1