Each character over level 60 gets a free relic tomorrow. Screenshot the relic customize list for the names before you select for a free “wiki”name list of all stat 6th bonus that exist

Each character over level 60 gets a free relic tomorrow. Screenshot the relic customize list for the names before you select for a free “wiki”name list of all stat 6th bonus that exist. Wiki won’t be updated for a little while probably so we won’t know names of them etc. Makes it easier looking for the stat you need for relics when you go to craft.

Edited by SourceOfTrippy.4207
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Enko the streamer from twitch said every character over 60 gets relic. Never seen him be wrong. Either way still screenshot. Thing is would be funny now that you say that I just realized 70 free relics lol I don’t know now. Definitely a free relic though so use that one to do what I am talking about in this post. Hahahaha omg and you can’t delete a post because you got me thinking that would be alot of relics. Lmao omg. Maybe i should edit. Oh well.

Edited by SourceOfTrippy.4207
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

So, people with 70 chars get 70 relics? xD

I mean why would he say that then on stream. He has like 40,000 hours in gw2. Thing is think about it. If you put the effort to spend gold to get the 70 runes why not a free replacement relic. I mean dang that would be really alot I meant ALOT of work for people with that many characters then. You would be doing it for weeks trying to get that bonus stat on all your characters. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SourceOfTrippy.4207 said:

Each character over level 60 gets a free relic tomorrow. Screenshot the relic customize list for the names before you select for a free “wiki”name list of all stat 6th bonus that exist. Wiki won’t be updated for a little while probably so we won’t know names of them etc. Makes it easier looking for the stat you need for relics when you go to craft.

Did they change it down to one relic now? Their initial plan was to give each character over level 60 three core relics as per their news article here on the official website.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SourceOfTrippy.4207 said:

That is what I am saying I am not sure what this guy was talking about in his reply to my post. 

Well Anet did state that every character (if they're level 60 or higher) will get 3 relics (that number wasn't finalised yet though). So in fact in their example of 70 characters, it would be 210 relics for an account, which sounds like a lot but then 70 characters is also quite a lot. If this streamer said it was 1 relic per toon then he either is wrong or he knows something we don't.

Maybe the person who replied to you wasn't aware of any of this 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Well Anet did state that every character (if they're level 60 or higher) will get 3 relics (that number wasn't finalised yet though). So in fact in their example of 70 characters, it would be 210 relics for an account, which sounds like a lot but then 70 characters is also quite a lot. If this streamer said it was 1 relic per toon then he either is wrong or he knows something we don't.

Maybe the person who replied to you wasn't aware of any of this 🤷‍♂️

When I said this guy i should have said other guy when i replied. Lucy 2nd reply on post was the person I was talking about. I get what you mentioned.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

Do relic stats change, or is it determined once? I ask because my engineer has 6 or 7 armor sets, each fully runed. My understanding is each of those sets lost their 6th rune bonus, so I was curious if I basically have to pick just 1 to get back. That'll be a hard choice lol

Your sixth rune is still going to give you a stat bonus.  Relics are going to take the place of the “effect” that most rune sets have.  Such as the scholar 5% damage bonus when healthy, or the pack bonus of every 30 seconds you apply might fury and swiftness to nearby allies.  

Aha! That makes sense.

I received a pack of 3 relics on my engineer, but not every armor set had an effect rune at the end. At most I think 4 did, so I either got exactly how many relics I needed or I just lost out on 1 effect.

Some of my runes still kept an effect, like my Traveler rune is still 25% movement speed for #6, it just lost the condition damage.

1 minute ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

Aha! That makes sense.

I received a pack of 3 relics on my engineer, but not every armor set had an effect rune at the end. At most I think 4 did, so I either got exactly how many relics I needed or I just lost out on 1 effect.

Some of my runes still kept an effect, like my Traveler rune is still 25% movement speed for #6, it just lost the condition damage.

They mentioned that they consider move speed a stat.  

I’m hoping that we don’t feel the need to replace our rune sets.  From what it looks like, most of the time whatever runes you were using for a particular build are still going to be the best choice.  There may be some sets that become viable for stats alone though.  The rune sets that previously had no stats at all on the sixth bonus are now getting a stat, so those may become better.  

• Like 1

Ok, so they throw relics at you.

Each of my level 80s, even my just boosted ones, got 3 relics containers. Each relic container contains a choice of 1 of 4 different containers: power, condition, survival or support. Those 4 typed relic containers then contain a choice of many relics, from which I can get 1.

Whats important is that the inner relic container (power, condition, survival, support) is account bound, while the relic inside is souldbound. This means that if had 9 alts and 1 main, my 1 main could feasibly have 30 relics (the 3 for the main + 3 from every alt).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2