Relic of the Centuare

Tescao.3042

Hi devs, thanks for the great opportunities for theorycraft, but with the change of the old Rune of Centuar effect, you removed the opportunity to abandon the Rapid Flow talent from Invocation. Stability in the new relic is a good choice, but on the other hand, stability was already available on the elite skill.

7 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

We ain't all revs out here...

of course, but still the relic refers to the centaur and guys who focus on MetaBattle or resources similar to Meta Battle are likely to call it useless or unplayable, so buddy you shouldn't worry about it.

Edited by Tescao.3042
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Tescao.3042 said:

of course, but still the relic refers to the centaur and guys who focus on MetaBattle or resources similar to Meta Battle are likely to call it useless or unplayable, so buddy you shouldn't worry about it.

On another hand some profession that had poor access to stability can now get a stack every 20s... I do think it's a potentially valuable effect for every professions except maybe guardian who swim in stab and aegis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

On another hand some profession that had poor access to stability can now get a stack every 20s... I do think it's a potentially valuable effect for every professions except maybe guardian who swim in stab and aegis.

if you want to sacrifice a whole relic, for the sake of one Stability stack, please, but on the other hand, you see what the difference is? You think it might still be worth trying and even if you try, then it will be again, something is wrong and it may turn out that your conclusion was wrong.

and if you're worried about specific boons or condition, or maybe specific dps or hps individually rather than the integrity of the build, then most likely the old original swiftness every 10 seconds from healing skill would be an option to try too. 

Edited by Tescao.3042

1 hour ago, Tescao.3042 said:

if you want to sacrifice a whole relic, for the sake of one Stability stack, please, but on the other hand, you see what the difference is? You think it might still be worth trying and even if you try, then it will be again, something is wrong and it may turn out that your conclusion was wrong.

and if you're worried about specific boons or condition, or maybe specific dps or hps individually rather than the integrity of the build, then most likely the old original swiftness every 10 seconds from healing skill would be an option to try too. 

Objectively, if I think about it from a sPvP point of view, I take stab over swiftness anytime. From a WvW (zerg) point of view, AoE swiftness is better but less so for small scale encounter. From a PvE point of view, yeah stab is less interesting than swiftness. Now, if you mourn the aoe swiftness you're probably an avid ZvZ player.

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Objectively, if I think about it from a sPvP point of view, I take stab over swiftness anytime. From a WvW (zerg) point of view, AoE swiftness is better but less so for small scale encounter. From a PvE point of view, yeah stab is less interesting than swiftness. Now, if you mourn the aoe swiftness you're probably an avid ZvZ player.

Almost, but no, buddy. There is no difference pve, wvw, pvp, becouse even whole squads can run from MetaBattle lol, we can even call it spam. Now imagine that the spam version is incomplete builds, you can put anything there - roles, positions, modes, dps - hps, buff - nerf, etc. But on the other hand there are not-spam versions and these are completed builds. So the complete builds is above any fictional roles and compositions, modes etc.

That's why I call it Meta Battle, and even if a person tries to move away from Meta Battle when building, it does not mean that he has moved away from the foundation of Meta Battle, but on the other hand Meta Battle is just a speck of dust compared to the capabilities of GW2.

58 minutes ago, Tescao.3042 said:

Almost, but no, buddy. There is no difference pve, wvw, pvp, becouse even whole squads can run from MetaBattle lol, we can even call it spam. Now imagine that the spam version is incomplete builds, you can put anything there - roles, positions, modes, dps - hps, buff - nerf, etc. But on the other hand there are not-spam versions and these are completed builds. So the complete builds is above any fictional roles and compositions, modes etc.

That's why I call it Meta Battle, and even if a person tries to move away from Meta Battle when building, it does not mean that he has moved away from the foundation of Meta Battle, but on the other hand Meta Battle is just a speck of dust compared to the capabilities of GW2.

I wonder if you realize that build on metabattle change with every balance patch. This patch is nothing out of the ordinary and won't bother metabattle any more than every other patch. Fact is that a relic granting stab on healing skill use is something useful to many professions in a player vs player setting.

The old centaur runeset 6th bonus is gone? Metabattle will adapt and even forget easily. That's how it has always been and how it will continue to be. Just let it go and go with the flow, it will be easier on you than overthinking uselessly about what you've lost.

If any group or individual lack swiftness there are plenty of options to get it in a different way than taking centaur runes or relic specifically. Comparatively, stab is pretty rare. And if you're still not convinced, know that revenant just need jalis and a blast finisher to get perma swiftness. Ventari with salvation traited work as well. Herald can vomit swiftness as well. Rapid flow in invocation also work, renegade have it's own source... etc. If your still not happy, there are sigils for that and even food that provide swiftness.

So, with all of this I can garantee you, "metabattle" don't care whether or not the 6th bonus aoe swiftness on rune of the centaur still exist or not. If anything, metabattle is happy to see that now there is an option to get stability as stability is, comparatively, a rare and valuable boon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I wonder if you realize that build on metabattle change with every balance patch. This patch is nothing out of the ordinary and won't bother metabattle any more than every other patch. Fact is that a relic granting stab on healing skill use is something useful to many professions in a player vs player setting.

The old centaur runeset 6th bonus is gone? Metabattle will adapt and even forget easily. That's how it has always been and how it will continue to be. Just let it go and go with the flow, it will be easier on you than overthinking uselessly about what you've lost.

If any group or individual lack swiftness there are plenty of options to get it in a different way than taking centaur runes or relic specifically. Comparatively, stab is pretty rare. And if you're still not convinced, know that revenant just need jalis and a blast finisher to get perma swiftness. Ventari with salvation traited work as well. Herald can vomit swiftness as well. Rapid flow in invocation also work, renegade have it's own source... etc. If your still not happy, there are sigils for that and even food that provide swiftness.

So, with all of this I can garantee you, "metabattle" don't care whether or not the 6th bonus aoe swiftness on rune of the centaur still exist or not. If anything, metabattle is happy to see that now there is an option to get stability as stability is, comparatively, a rare and valuable boon.

Most likely it's you who don't understand me. The position of Meta Battle is clear to me, as is the position of spam, but on the other hand, you can't think about what you don't know, you can only think about what you know. How can you think about the unknown, including not-spam. That's why I say this change has removed a few completed builds, but it's not about good or bad. If you like the surface decoration of fragmentary builds from this relic, please, I don't mind.