Long Loading Screen Times and Textures not Loading

For context, I'm in the USA and NA servers. I live alone and the only one on my internet and it's pretty reliable. My laptop is 3 years old and I've quadrupled its memory from 8 to 32GB. 

Since Saturday before SoTo release, I've been having multiple minute loading screens. And when I do load in, there is no ground, textures, icons for items, character not loading in. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times and done cache clears to clean up any junk. I've checked my harddrive and defragmented that as well, it's about half full so I don't think it's a harddrive issue either. My laptop can run Baldur's Gate 3 fine. So it is weird to me that it's now struggling with playing Guild Wars 2. I plan to update the graphics card (again) when I get home. But right now, all I can think of is Anet is doing some backend stuff that is making the game unplayable for me right now.

Anyone else having this issue? What have you done to try and fix it? 

• Sad 1

It's not just you.

I have a relatively new desktop with 32 gigs of RAM and a RTX 3060 Ti graphics card. My FPS never falls below 60 even during group fights with 50+ players on the screen.

Yesterday I was having this same issue. Leaving the SotO zone and returning fixed the issue for me, for awhile at least. I had to leave the zone and re-enter several times over the course of 4 hours. There's definitely something happening on Anet's end.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:

It's not just you.

I have a relatively new desktop with 32 gigs of RAM and a RTX 3060 Ti graphics card. My FPS never falls below 60 even during group fights with 50+ players on the screen.

Yesterday I was having this same issue. Leaving the SotO zone and returning fixed the issue for me, for awhile at least. I had to leave the zone and re-enter several times over the course of 4 hours. There's definitely something happening on Anet's end.

Yeah I've noticed logging out and in again helps a little bit. But it's still bad. Like dialog and voice acting don't happen for me. I 'll see the text that they're talking but don't hear anything until halfway through the conversation. But glad to hear it's not just me or my computer. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I think Anet's servers are a little overwhelmed with people logging in for the expansion.  They reported they had to add more capacity for EU, for example.

Thanks for linking this! I posted there too and gave a link to this post here. Not sure if it's the same thing but they'll know and figure it out 🙂
But the servers being overwhelmed makes sense. I can't remember if I had this issue when EoD came out but it does make sense

• Sad 1

Yeah just checked when I got home. Still the same issue. Long map queues, no floor or ground where I load in, can't see weapons/icons/parts of my character, it's jittery. This is just getting ridiculous. I'd love to play the new expansion but feel I can't with all these nonsense

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

This has been happening to me every since DX11. I have all top of the quality computer parts, best on the market. Simple textures like the skill bar or floor I'm standing on will take seconds to appear. Loading into maps can take 1-2 minutes, often.

• 12th Gen i7-12700K 3.6GHz
  • 64 GB of ram
  • Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti
  • m.2 ssd & 1tb ssd. Gw2 is installed on the 1tb as far as im aware. Not sure where hidden cache/asset files are currently stored.
Edited by Shaban.7192
  • Like 1