Relics clarifications: Cerus, Fireworks, Isgarren, Wizard Tower

I have a lot of question marks on the listed relics.
Last time I checked, the wiki didn't give me much information.
I would prefer them on the relic tooltip anyway.
I'm looking at it from a WvW perspective, but am interested in information about the relics in general.

Cerus:
From my tests, there is a target limit. The rotating attack stops depending how many enemies are hit. In a WvW-zerg, this stops almost instantly.
It seems to convert one boon to a condition per hit. However, I also noticed that the inflicted conditions and direct damage are pretty strong.
Some more details of how many targets, which conditions and how much damage would be nice to know. ^^'

Isgarren:
If you evade, you inflict the "eye of isgarren" status on the evaded opponent, which increases your damage on them by 10%.
Do eyes caused by other players also count when checking for the 10% dmg buff? Any internal cooldown for the eye?
Otherwise, you can probably keep the eye effect constantly up, even in an WvW-zerg environment, where half your players use support or other relics.

Wizard Tower:
This would be nice in WvW, adding random projectile hate and hard-CC, for example at a support-FB
How large is the pull range? How long does the reflection stand?

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Dediggefedde.4961 said:

Isgarren:
If you evade, you inflict the "eye of isgarren" status on the evaded opponent, which increases your damage on them by 10%.
Do eyes caused by other players also count when checking for the 10% dmg buff? Any internal cooldown for the eye?
Otherwise, you can probably keep the eye effect constantly up, even in an WvW-zerg environment, where half your players use support or other relics.

I've been running it in open world farming on thief and it's beast of relic 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Has anyone tested if they actually can be bought at the WvW (I think is listed at the wiki as alternative?) vendor without doing related achievements/strikes? Seems like super cheap in mats and a lot easier (for ones where the strike is required) if this is possible.

The expansion-only ones seem to be in need of some tweaks. Better tooltip info as suggested by Op would be nice. Also though if they changed some to not work on elite. There seem to be a lot that work on elite skill - annoying for a mechanis that keeps the elite on reserve (to use the active one when mech gets destroyed - not for timing the signet). Though we have a few other alternative.s (Signet one that seems to work well for the mechanist cause of obsious reasons - if you want that effects from it.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Has anyone tested if they actually can be bought at the WvW (I think is listed at the wiki as alternative?) vendor without doing related achievements/strikes? Seems like super cheap in mats and a lot easier (for ones where the strike is required) if this is possible.

I can buy the relics in WvW if I received them in PvE before.
Apparently they also drop randomly while doing events. I also got relic of Cerus and Wizard tower there.
An Isgarren relic came from completing the meta event on the third map.
Not sure if it's random or a fixed reward there.

2 hours ago, kidbuu.4071 said:

I've been running it in open world farming on thief and it's beast of relic 

On my dps-scrapper, I prefer firework relic, since it is also triggered by grenade-4/-5, and mortar-4/-5(bug?), as well as F5(bug?) and hammer-5 on each pulse. Not by grenade barrage, though (bug?).
On most other dps builds thief/isgarren seems to be best. ^^

Still, for group play I would like to know, if the eye needs to be caused by me or my allies and if it has a player target limit or an ICD.

• Sad 1

On 8/26/2023 at 10:59 AM, Dediggefedde.4961 said:

On most other dps builds thief/isgarren seems to be best. ^^

I agree, and to answer your question, yes, for you.  After evading an enemy's attack, place the Eye of Isgarren on them for 6 seconds. So dodging or any evading skill activates it, no ICD. It seems to have no limit. I don't see any data or insight that says if someone else in your party/squad inflicts on an enemy if, you would also benefit from it. Only the caster benefits from the relic.

Edited by kidbuu.4071