Dailies are achievement or mastery locked...

The new dailies are at a glance pretty okay and incentivize people to get around more in the game.

But I find it really really uncool, that I need an achievement or mastery unlocked to complete my daily... Let me explain.
I play Gw2 very slowly because I don't have too much time in everyday life, so with dailies I find myself being able to keep up somewhat with current events or gear. But with the new daily, it required me to venture into the "Echo Wald" forest, which I hadn't unlocked yet in the story, but then went I rushed to get there, it locked me out because I needed and additional achievement or mastery to get into the mini dungeon...

I am all for the new wizard daily thingy, but it since the challenges are unique for everyone (from what I read on Reddit and the Forums), why do I need to have a specific achievement or mastery unlocked to complete my dailies??

It seems very counter intuitive towards the players who don't have as much time, and the old system was way, way, better in that regard.
Someone at Anet really needs to rethink the daily reward system, because being unable to complete because you need to farm exp to get the appropriate achievement or mastery, is unacceptable.
It takes away everything that made the "daily" an actual "daily" thing to do...
Very, very sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

A simple fix would be to follow the example set with the new weeklies. Have an extra 1 or 2 options in the dailies so that a bugged event or progress locked task can be skippsd while still being able to complete the 4 dailies. It wouldnt need to be as expansive as the old daily system where you could pick and choose from 12 options, 5 or 6 should be sufficient.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

A simple fix would be to follow the example set with the new weeklies. Have an extra 1 or 2 options in the dailies so that a bugged event or progress locked task can be skippsd while still being able to complete the 4 dailies. It wouldnt need to be as expansive as the old daily system where you could pick and choose from 12 options, 5 or 6 should be sufficient.

Well I would say 7 atleast since what if you get unlucky and get  all 3 on the same day

Vasburg Armory

Valdhertz Crypts

Spirit Vestibule

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Haha 1