content vs novelty

law.9410

Perhaps I am being too blunt with my feedback, but every year or so I check up on this game all I can say is... good lord. Classes have become so ridiculously explosive. It's actually comical how the devs have taken steps to reduce burst and yet every time I come back, the game is more and more ridiculous. It's amusing to see them balance spec A, while spec B gets away with murder. This game used to feel strategic and compelling and now it's more about: "look what I can do", or "look how good I am at exploiting atrocious balance". There was a time where timing was important, now, meta specs can play uber aggressively and get away with it because they have: get out of jail cards, a million boons, layered burst, or all of the above. The chess-like nature of pvp has been reduced and dumbed down into a series of trump cards. Perhaps, the best players can find the depth and cerebral qualities of the game, but as an average player, the game which I used to love, the game that I used to spent hours in dueling rooms, has steadily crawled into oblivion.

Furthermore, every time I come back, there's some stupid, who give a kitten, "update" to pvp:

"hey, don't worry about balanced, we're putting more trash bags into your inventory!"

"hey look, reward tracks!"

"hey look, gizmos!"

good lord...

The pomp and circumstance buildup of each map is  pretty ironic considering the fact that each game has become a circus.

• Thanks 1

I mean, if you use "random bs go" as your balance strategy then what kind of results you expect?
A-net doesn't have proper definitions for classes and it's elite specializations in the slightest and even bigger meme is that elite specialization system can't actually properly function with how poorly it's implemented in the game.