Relic of Peitha

Roadkizzle.2157

If Relic of Akeem didn't exist would this have been more viable for Axe Mirage?

The Relic of Peitha applies 2 stacks of Torment for 4 seconds with a 4 second cooldown.

And it increases the damage of the next attack.

The trigger for this is doing a Shadowstep or using a Deception skill.

So you'd be triggering it on Axe 3 and any Mirage utilities you bring.

I think it would be easier to track instead of the 10 second cooldown that Akeem has.

On 8/28/2023 at 7:41 PM, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

If Relic of Akeem didn't exist would this have been more viable for Axe Mirage?

The Relic of Peitha applies 2 stacks of Torment for 4 seconds with a 4 second cooldown.

And it increases the damage of the next attack.

The trigger for this is doing a Shadowstep or using a Deception skill.

So you'd be triggering it on Axe 3 and any Mirage utilities you bring.

I think it would be easier to track instead of the 10 second cooldown that Akeem has.

if relic of the akeem didn't exist then the next best option would be relic of the fractal

22 minutes ago, necromaniac.7629 said:

if relic of the akeem didn't exist then the next best option would be relic of the fractal

I don't think Relic of the Fractal would be used for Mirage.

Mirage doesn't use Bleeding. The only sources of Bleeding that Mirage has is 1 stack for 2 seconds on the first hit off the axe chain and 1 stack for 6 seconds on the third chain.

Then the pistol attacks if you trait for it.

Then Relic of the Fractal only triggers every 20 seconds meaning the damage the condi damage is effectively spread out over those 20 seconds even though the conditions won't last that long.

Relic of the Fractal is complete passive damage for Virtuoso but not for Mirage.

33 minutes ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

I don't think Relic of the Fractal would be used for Mirage.

Mirage doesn't use Bleeding. The only sources of Bleeding that Mirage has is 1 stack for 2 seconds on the first hit off the axe chain and 1 stack for 6 seconds on the third chain.

Then the pistol attacks if you trait for it.

Then Relic of the Fractal only triggers every 20 seconds meaning the damage the condi damage is effectively spread out over those 20 seconds even though the conditions won't last that long.

Relic of the Fractal is complete passive damage for Virtuoso but not for Mirage.

Mirage can create a surprising amount of bleeding just through the passive trait Sharper Images - illusions inflict 1 stack of bleed for 5 seconds on crit.  May not sound like much, but when one has 3 clones all attacking....

Edit - the clones won't activate the relic themselves, of course, but will manage to set up the condition of having at least 6 stacks of bleeding, with the hit from one's axe being required to trigger the relic

Edited by Jijimuge.4675

10 minutes ago, Jijimuge.4675 said:

Mirage can create a surprising amount of bleeding just through the passive trait Sharper Images - illusions inflict 1 stack of bleed for 5 seconds on crit.  May not sound like much, but when one has 3 clones all attacking....

Edit - the clones won't activate the relic themselves, of course, but will manage to set up the condition of having at least 6 stacks of bleeding, with the hit from one's axe being required to trigger the relic

Okay. Do Clones have the same Crit Chance as the player? I know people usually use the trait in Dueling to give Phantasms Fury in order to boost their Crit Chance.

I didn't think 3 Clones attacked fast enough with a high enough Crit Chance to really do it...

But then I did see Snowcrows uses a Pistol OH which I know will do 11 or so stacks of Bleeding just with the Phantasm and Dueling trait.

34 minutes ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Okay. Do Clones have the same Crit Chance as the player? I know people usually use the trait in Dueling to give Phantasms Fury in order to boost their Crit Chance.

I didn't think 3 Clones attacked fast enough with a high enough Crit Chance to really do it...

But then I did see Snowcrows uses a Pistol OH which I know will do 11 or so stacks of Bleeding just with the Phantasm and Dueling trait.

Their crit chance is derived from the player's native precision - they don't get bonuses from things like Sigil of Accuracy or Fury (on the player), as I understand it.  For fury to boost an illusion, the fury has to be on the illusion itself, so your point re people getting Fury on phantasms is correct.

But yes, the Sharper Images trait is a really good one, and *way* better than the other classes' on-crit condi traits.  I don't know the exact breakdown of the extent to which the trait alone conttributed to the bleed stacks, but I recently did a golem (1M) test with a (mostly viper, axe/pistol) condi mirage with no food or boons (or condis on the golem - so all open worldy, self-generated stuff), using trapper runes, and apparently reached an average of 21.3 bleed stacks on the golem over the time - a dps of 3,225 from bleeding alone in this context.  I'm pretty sure that doesn't all come from the pistol phantasm and the axe auto 1 !

On a condi axe mirage, precision has a more significant effect due to the condis applied than an equivalent amount of power.

Of course, mirage is in a good position re this, as one shatters less than other mesmer specs when running mirage (or at least, that's what I do)

I did run some tests on this trait a long time ago, but having cleared my cookies means that I can no longer locate them, sadly 😞

Edited by Jijimuge.4675
  • Thanks 1

Anet released tons of relics but 4-5 of them are useful, the rest are trash. I cannot get what kind of mindset they had while they were preparing this. 

For instance: Relic of the Mirage. "It triggers with successful evasion". Unless you fight against many mobs at the same time in OW, it is useless. Even in that position, survival will be much important than DPS. I mean, in every condition, that relic sucks. I dont understand why anet didnt let that relic is triggered by dodge only. Maybe it would be useful with just only mirage builds, maybe condi trv holosmith. 

24 minutes ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Anet released tons of relics but 4-5 of them are useful, the rest are trash. I cannot get what kind of mindset they had while they were preparing this. 

For instance: Relic of the Mirage. "It triggers with successful evasion". Unless you fight against many mobs at the same time in OW, it is useless. Even in that position, survival will be much important than DPS. I mean, in every condition, that relic sucks. I dont understand why anet didnt let that relic is triggered by dodge only. Maybe it would be useful with just only mirage builds, maybe condi trv holosmith. 

Eh. It really seemed the same way with Runes. There were 90 of them but it only seemed like 10 of them were ever useful.

51 minutes ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

I agree. If they changed the proc to be on dodge it would be good af.

13 hours ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

I agree. If they changed the proc to be on dodge it would be good af.

Eh. I think I'd personally try out Peitha even if Mirage was changed to Dodge.

Relic of Mirage has the 1 second cooldown so you won't get multiple triggers from dodging multiple attacks at the same time.

With the time it takes to recharge Endo even with weapon swaps. And when you Dodge too soon you don't give your Clones time to use their ambush attacks so you'll lose out on more damage than you'll gain from the Relic.

But if you can use the shadowsteps and Mirage utilities every 4 seconds you'll get the same amount of Torment damage, as well as whatever damage the Dagger does and the boosted damage on your next strikes.