Firebrand gear question

Zsoak.5409

Hello folks,

As a long time Warrior main I thought I'll try out Firebrand as it seems fun and I like the overall theme of the class.

I already have a full ascended condi DPS set on my Berserker, but everything is Viper with Berserker runes. The thing is I don't want to swap (or at least not immediately) my gear and runes to Grievers + Balthazar (which every site seem to suggest), because I still intend to use the gear on my Berserker as well later on.

My question is, how big is the DPS difference between Viper gear with Berserker runes and the go-to Grievers build? Is it barely noticable or big enough to feel it? (I don't intend to jump into any serious PVE content e.g. raids with Firebrand right now.)Also for this gear + rune setup what weapon stats and sigils do you suggest to not under-/overcap with burning duration and still get the most out of it?

I do use a full Viper FB for Fractals and the DPS difference is just too low to justify a change to Grieving.

I use this setup:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNArfXnkICdBjFBDODBEEhF/BzKAUBqTZJhKUGa/i2RHpA-j1hAQBgU5X0OBA6c/BIq+DAeCA2UJIA1HQIgFrBA-w

Adter the last nerf to Firebrand, taking Virtues instead of Zeal and Loremaster instead of Quickfire you get a higher DPS. Also, taking Virtues (w/ Loremaster) was already a DPS increase if there was multiple targets. I'm sorta glad for the nerf, because I hated to use quickfire and keep track of it, so I was playing DH instead. Now is really fun to play.

This is funny, but I moved my gear to my Berserker until the Quickfire nerf. I liked to play as Berserk, but I like to play as FB more.

I’m using Viper’s partly because of how much easier it is to attain, but also because it means I don’t have to use my heap as part of my rotation. This decreases the likeliness for error (since I’m not a robot) which likely means that the effective DPS for me is equal to grieving at best. It also means that I can I don’t risk running out of charges on my heal.

Archived