help Power Chrono dagger/sword sword/focus

Asek.1869

1 hour ago, dead.7638 said:

Take gs and s/s.   Gs offers the most from power specs for dps.   S/s is great for dps and good sustain.

Greatsword and Dagger/Sword is the way.

Dagger 2 and 3 are great for Chrono. Sword 3 has to many targeting and range issues. Sword 2 is decent but you already have the block with the OH Sword and dagger let's you stay at range and generate 2 clones reliably in the span of one weapon swap. 

• Like 1

The Snowcrows builds have their rotations with Dagger/Sword and Greatsword now.

Basically you're going to be timing things between weapon swaps.

You'll more or less weapon swap every two times you do a Bladecall while on Dagger or Mirror Blade on Greatsword. They're both 5 second cooldowns.

The meta build seems to use Signet of the Ether, Well of Calamity, Well of Action, a flex skill, and Gravity Well.

Start out with a Phantasm and skill 2 and 3. 

Weapon Swap, Skill 2, and 3. 

Phantasm, Wells, then Skill 2 and swap back.

Skill 2 and 3 Phantasm and other skills as possible.

• Like 1

I also really don't care for using the Greatsword.

I've been tempted to try doing Dagger/Sword and Dagger/Focus.

But I think that's going to be a massive damage loss due to the loss of Phantasmal Berserker and Mirror Blade.

I'd love it if I could do Dueling/Illusions with D/S and D/F but I'm sure that it would be even more of a damage nerf.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

You may need to check the Power Boon Chrono for the rotation. The rotation should be effectively identical the only thing is that it doesn't use the Phantasmal Disenchanter due to less damage from not having the Chrono double phantasm trait

wow thx, personally I'm also thinking about using focus (dont like gs on my charr mesmer) but didnt know if there is anything optimal for raids

so how high is damage for chrono now ? reason I am asking is because i was doing SotO strike and there was this chrono who was far above everyone in dps i was third as cvirt 2nd was scourge and 1st chrono. among the effects and buffs i couldn't see what weapons he was using, definitely wasn't boon power build i checked both quick and alac and he wasn't one providing it clearly it was chronophantasma trait. would love to try that build forgot to ask him. 

16 hours ago, Asek.1869 said:

wow thx, personally I'm also thinking about using focus (dont like gs on my charr mesmer) but didnt know if there is anything optimal for raids

If you do use Focus you can try using the Pull on the focus to group up enemies then drop the Bladestorm, Wells, and Shatter on the group. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lugh.8470 said:

so how high is damage for chrono now ? reason I am asking is because i was doing SotO strike and there was this chrono who was far above everyone in dps i was third as cvirt 2nd was scourge and 1st chrono. among the effects and buffs i couldn't see what weapons he was using, definitely wasn't boon power build i checked both quick and alac and he wasn't one providing it clearly it was chronophantasma trait. would love to try that build forgot to ask him. 

Snowcrows had the DPS Chrono at 38.5k before SotO.

Chrono does have dagger and the gearing is easier. But it doesn't appear to be as buffed as other builds. 

Chrono is not going to get one of the top DPS benchmarks.

I think in the Strike you played the Chrono was just a better player than the other people. Unless the strike just really buffs Power builds and minimizes condi builds. 

Mesmer is all skill spam just like every other class, but it is far more sophisticated in rotation in that you can’t do things out of order or your dps falls off drastically.   And power Mesmer specs are not forgiving when you miss use a skill.   Don’t waste blink, distortion or evades. 

On 9/7/2023 at 5:54 PM, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Snowcrows had the DPS Chrono at 38.5k before SotO.

Chrono does have dagger and the gearing is easier. But it doesn't appear to be as buffed as other builds. 

Chrono is not going to get one of the top DPS benchmarks.

I think in the Strike you played the Chrono was just a better player than the other people. Unless the strike just really buffs Power builds and minimizes condi builds. 

Yes that's where i checked as well afterwards, I mean that chrono clearly knew how to play but i was very surprised that he was that far above in total damage done to boss (as well as dps) compared to scourge which is 49k dps now and should be number one, unless arcdps showed wrong numbers or something which shouldn't be case i think.  

1 minute ago, Lugh.8470 said:

Yes that's where i checked as well afterwards, I mean that chrono clearly knew how to play but i was very surprised that he was that far above in total damage done to boss (as well as dps) compared to scourge which is 49k dps now and should be number one, unless arcdps showed wrong numbers or something which shouldn't be case i think.  

I don't know the fight. But does the boss move a lot? I know a lot of the Scourge damage comes from Torment which gets a lot of damage by immobile bosses.

Scourges also rely on static tower aoes. So if the boss is mobile then it won't always be in the Sand Shades AOE.

It does seem odd that the easiest rotation classes Scourge and Virtuoso are so low down. Scourge can get a penalty from fighting mobile units just like Mirage doesn't do well fighting slow attacking enemies.

But I think some bosses take less condition damage?

I hear it's better to bring conditions to some bosses and power to others. Is this Strike one that conditions just don't do well against?

2 minutes ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

I don't know the fight. But does the boss move a lot? I know a lot of the Scourge damage comes from Torment which gets a lot of damage by immobile bosses.

Scourges also rely on static tower aoes. So if the boss is mobile then it won't always be in the Sand Shades AOE.

It does seem odd that the easiest rotation classes Scourge and Virtuoso are so low down. Scourge can get a penalty from fighting mobile units just like Mirage doesn't do well fighting slow attacking enemies.

But I think some bosses take less condition damage?

I hear it's better to bring conditions to some bosses and power to others. Is this Strike one that conditions just don't do well against?

Bosses on SotO strikes stand in same spot at least they weren't moving when we were doing at all, we were all grouped together only to go behind boss sometimes to dodge attack in 180  frontal or something similar maybe condi damage is lower on these bosses ? hard to tell on both strikes chrono was number one very quickly from start, maybe it is more power favoured haven't read details yet. chrono by the end had something like 12mil damage done or 11mil don't remember but between these two and me and scourge 1mil behind me 3rd spot 300k behind scourge but basically chrono had dealt 1mil more damage than scourge, really what a strange case i swear, at some point i was wondering if there was any condition chrono build 😁   

On 9/8/2023 at 4:23 PM, Lugh.8470 said:

at some point i was wondering if there was any condition chrono build 😁   

Not since they stomped Confusion into the ground. The only condition Chrono can apply in relevant amounts is Confusion, which deals basically no damage now. So nope, no Condi Chrono build, and there will never be one unless they do something about Confusion.

Edited by Nightara.1804