Is matchmaking queue broken?

Iridi.8473

13 minutes ago, youle.5824 said:

Some players, can easily solo q to high plat 2, I can, some can solo to plat 3. Dont assume everything is rigged against you and maybe try getting better?

I'm sure there's plenty of proof that people made it without playing a single game on premade. :3
I said it on another topic, the moment someone makes a new account and records/uploads all his games on YT to prove he made it even to plat 3 completely solo ill kitten. :)

59 minutes ago, Dickinson.7368 said:

I
I said it on another topic, the moment someone makes a new account and records/uploads all his games on YT to prove he made it even to plat 3 completely solo ill kitten. :)

I did solo q to plat 3 a few times, I dont keep my recordings very long so I dont have vods of it but litterally 1-2 days ago I solo queued till 1650~ I think uploading that would be too big a file for youtube but posting the last 3-4 games one video should be possible, though it would make a very boring video..

3 minutes ago, youle.5824 said:

I did solo q to plat 3 a few times, I dont keep my recordings very long so I dont have vods of it but litterally 1-2 days ago I solo queued till 1650~ I think uploading that would be too big a file for youtube but posting the last 3-4 games one video should be possible, though it would make a very boring video..

Appreciated but there's no need to. ^^
I just want to see any of the "skilled" or "top" players do unranked-plat 3 completely solo without a single premade game. :)

• Like 1

imma let you in on a secret here. it was always been broken. we knew it was borked beyond belief because it's glicko2-mmr and we knew it's worse than we thought it was when the code for the algorithm got leaked through the api.

now here's the thing: we had inklings but we didn't notice it that much when the player population in pvp was still big because it smoothed out a lot of the kitten the algorithm is doing. but now with exactly 8 players left in pvp we feel the full assault of the decomposing kitten that is the matchmaking in this game.

Edited by zaced.7948

its probably the bug where if you start losing the matchmaker keeps putting you on very similar teams over and over, sometimes even with the same players. this is because you all lose rank at the same time, and you just keep losing rank together and getting grouped up.

the same thing happens if you're on a winning team; you all gain rank and then it groups you (or most of you) up again. this is the biggest reason why you start seeing long streaks of winning and losing, and its mostly due to a lack of population but also due to the fact that the matchmaker is written poorly and doesn't make an attempt to add any kind of entropy to the system, leading to long strings of repeats.

i've dropped an entire tier before and still had 3 out of 5 allies being the same, until i just quit for like a week to get away from it. unfortunately they still haven't fixed this even after a decade, but its far more noticeable now i think.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2023 at 12:33 PM, Dickinson.7368 said:

Appreciated but there's no need to. ^^
I just want to see any of the "skilled" or "top" players do unranked-plat 3 completely solo without a single premade game. 🙂

What also isn't being mentioned is off hours play or queue dodging, things 'top players' like to do a lot to stay in high plat.  

On 9/11/2023 at 11:10 AM, youle.5824 said:

Some players, can easily solo q to high plat 2, I can, some can solo to plat 3. Dont assume everything is rigged against you and maybe try getting better?

Initial placement matters a LOT here.  If you are placed initially below gold for bad placement games or whatever, good luck getting to plat 1 let alone 2 without resorting to at least DuoQ.