scan rift don't work properly in all maps.

I thought it would display the red circle (if you have discovered that area of the map) if the rift event got started by someone. (So the mobs start to spawn.) Until that only following the visual hint from the scan skill manually. Not sure of it always works like that. But it often seemed so to me. (Just that the red circle appears often during normal time and in the 3 non-SotO maps because a lot of people try to do that at the beginning of the week - to go for the achievement with the title since those maps might only appear again several weeks later.)

3 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I thought it would display the red circle (if you have discovered that area of the map) if the rift event got started by someone. (So the mobs start to spawn.) Until that only following the visual hint from the scan skill manually. Not sure of it always works like that. But it often seemed so to me. (Just that the red circle appears often during normal time and in the 3 non-SotO maps because a lot of people try to do that at the beginning of the week - to go for the achievement with the title since those maps might only appear again several weeks later.)

in the maps i mentioned, its really never show no matter distance, or if someone started it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems we have an overall thread about this in the bug section now. And from that I have seen in Cursed Shore I can confirm this: For that map it does not show up at all. Full map explored on my main trying to hunt the rift ... even arriving too late for T1 cause the circle does not show up on opened rifts. Needs to scan and then immediately  use a waypoint further in that directoin. Then scanning again. To get a better/faster estimation of the location. Scanning from the very south of the map then flying north ... is not feasible since the rift might be to the very north ... with you appearing too late.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

It seems we have an overall thread about this in the bug section now. And from that I have seen in Cursed Shore I can confirm this: For that map it does not show up at all. Full map explored on my main trying to hunt the rift ... even arriving too late for T1 cause the circle does not show up on opened rifts. Needs to scan and then immediately  use a waypoint further in that directoin. Then scanning again. To get a better/faster estimation of the location. Scanning from the very south of the map then flying north ... is not feasible since the rift might be to the very north ... with you appearing too late.

Must be a 'bug' just for certain players as the red circles showed up for me this morning as I completed my Weekly 5 Rifts. 

This is an ongoing problem in rift maps. It is caused by old maps not closing. The rifts aren't active on them. We've been able to do create new maps by over populating the current one(s), thus making the game create new instances. The issue is fixed on the new instances.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1