[BUILD] Fresh Water Weaver

asket.5674

Yo Folks,

I want to present you a build I recently came up with:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAIlZwiYbMJmJWWTevUA-D6IeG9KBCYBYiLDAA

The linked variant is for sPvP, but i usually switch few skills out and play it with cele in OW or WvW (relic of speed + Blink mostly in solo or smallscale).

it features a block, two stun breaks, stability and a lot of passive sustain and a digusting amount of cleansing

also it provides passive condi pressure and debuffing with weakness and vuln. 

I usually try to build up the four orbits along with primordial stance to get  passive pressure up, and  iniate burst phases with air 5 and fire 2. For finishing i usually go for air4-grande finale - switch to air - fire 5

It is very brawly and quite nice for 1v1 and group fights. Its not the burstiest of the builds out there, but a quite enjoyable jack of all trades spec in offensive regards. 

lots of fun nonethelessy 

What would you guys improve in this build or strategy? Looking forward to your feedback, cheers!

Edited by asket.5674
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I thought as much, unfortunately I don't really play much ele so I can't offer any great feedback, but here is some engagement on your thread.

Any constructive feedback is appreciated, even if its a hint on a mistake in the build 🙂

You lack easy cleanse.

If you have chill/cripple etc you may have issue returning to  x/water without unravel or Arcane Traitlane, and you don't have a lot of (accessible) sources of regen/swiftness. At least take "One with air" (which is recommanded for Fresh Air, with or without Woven Stride).
Edit* because hammer is range/mid-range on contrary to scepter; so you won't kite easily condispammers or range specs, nor even trigger fresh-air that fast if you can't touch them.

Otherwise it's been a while I haven't play pvp/wvw roaming with elem (since they nerfed daggers leaps) so I don't really now the state, but have fun.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

37 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

You lack easy cleanse.

If you have chill/cripple etc you may have issue returning to  x/water without unravel or Arcane Traitlane, and you don't have a lot of (accessible) sources of regen/swiftness. At least take "One with air" (which is recommanded for Fresh Air, with or without Woven Stride).

Otherwise it's been a while I haven't play pvp/wvw roaming with elem (since they nerfed daggers leaps) so I don't really now the state, but have fun.

Thanks for your feedback! As emergency cleanse you can use twist of fate. Also orbit and finale can work as cleanse if dual attuned. Generally i can utilize fresh air as a soft unravel replacement, with orbs and  prim stance active air attunement is near constantly available so switching to water 5 works very reliable by going water - air.  Also with the cleansing sigil every 9 sec on attunement switch you can actively remove debuffs. 
maybe thats to less for some high plat play, in gold it usually suffices. 

one with air is also a good consideration, for even more cleanse but it felt not much as a difference in regards of sustainability while recognizable reducing burst potential. At least for me and my skill level.

Even if they nerfed the duration, One with air is important to keep pressure at "melee" (sure hammer air is mid-range but, ...) for example even if the circle thing on #3 does no damage it is visually worrying for foes and it'll pulse weakness/vulnerability, or to disengage.
It is important too to counter partially Chill which is elem's nightmare, if you have many conditions on you.

Otherwise your only skill to close-gap or kite is water #4, it won't be enough in open fields against all specs with huge mobility ( leap or shadowstep spammers as thiefs, mesmers, warrior, ranger ...).
Flash is nice too, but no breakstun, high CD etc, twiste of fate, signet of air or Stab are almost always better.

About Condi cleanse I used to play the very old "mender weaver" dagger/dagger arcane/water with unravel, no need to say I have cleanse on almost every skills; or Scepter/focus to kite; so I can't really evaluate other melee sets with "less" accessible cleanses, but to me your set is a bit risky and you will have issue against condispammer.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Even if they nerfed the duration, One with air is important to keep pressure at "melee" (sure hammer air is mid-range but, ...) for example even if the circle thing on #3 does no damage it is visually worrying for foes and it'll pulse weakness/vulnerability, or to disengage.
It is important too to counter partially Chill which is elem's nightmare, if you have many conditions on you.

Otherwise your only skill to close-gap or kite is water #4, it won't be enough in open fields against all specs with huge mobility ( leap or shadowstep spammers as thiefs, mesmers, warrior, ranger ...).
Flash is nice too, but no breakstun, high CD etc, twiste of fate, signet of air or Stab are almost always better.

Huge mobility specs are for all specs that arent one, problematic. As ele there is effectively one spec that comes close to your mentioned cases: sword/dagger every thing else in melee wont catch up nearly. But i mostly agree that using blink as a gap closer is crutch, but its all we have on utility side. 

The specs comes with lots of swiftness’ uptime and sticking is not that hard imo. Even if you go for relic of speed. 

also one idea was to constantly shave condis and debuffs and it seems to work quite nice. I know chill can be a nightmare, but as for now it seemed not as a big problem as it would usually. 

Edited by asket.5674

It looks OK, but suboptimal. If i were running it, I'd go with the following:

One with air definitely if you're going fresh air weaver. Its so much better than swiftness and the ferocity increase from ferocious winds is negligible. It will help you stick to targets to hit with primordial stance. I know you can go relic of speed, but the dmg from ferocious winds is a lot less than the dmg from a dmg relic, so it feels like a bit of a waste.

Also you have relatively low fury uptime, which is an issue for fresh air. Honestly I would drop water and pick up arcane. This alone should give you 100% fury uptime. If you're concerned about the healing, you can take evasive arcana, which will give you a much needed cleanse (you could also take Ether Renewal if youre lacking cleanse) and healing. You will also get shorter attunement cooldowns, higher prot uptime etc.

I would also then swap the grandmaster in Weaver to Elements of Rage, which will give you a significant amount of precision. This will allow you to further invest stats into more damage or defence, depending on what you find suits you. However Invigorating strikes would also be a good option that would synergise with evasive arcana.

Also, Fireworks relic is strictly better than Weaver relic and you will have plenty of cds at 20s or more. 

Obvs feel free to ignore, this is just how I would run it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Exzen.2976 said:

One with air definitely if you're going fresh air weaver. Its so much better than swiftness and the ferocity increase from ferocious winds is negligible. It will help you stick to targets to hit with primordial stance. I know you can go relic of speed, but the dmg from ferocious winds is a lot less than the dmg from a dmg relic, so it feels like a bit of a waste.

Also you have relatively low fury uptime, which is an issue for fresh air. Honestly I would drop water and pick up arcane. This alone should give you 100% fury uptime. If you're concerned about the healing, you can take evasive arcana, which will give you a much needed cleanse (you could also take Ether Renewal if youre lacking cleanse) and healing. You will also get shorter attunement cooldowns, higher prot uptime etc.

I would also then swap the grandmaster in Weaver to Elements of Rage, which will give you a significant amount of precision. This will allow you to further invest stats into more damage or defence, depending on what you find suits you. However Invigorating strikes would also be a good option that would synergise with evasive arcana.

Also, Fireworks relic is strictly better than Weaver relic and you will have plenty of cds at 20s or more. 

May as well run scepter focus at that point. 

1 hour ago, Exzen.2976 said:

Fury uptime is no problem at all with raging storm it’s constantly up, with the air orbiter you are constantly at 100% crit.

Gonna give OWA another shot, thanks for your input!

49 minutes ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Looks interesting, but in pvp fresh air is too important for me to access 4/5 skills in time without using unravel. Due to oebiter and stance and 100% crit its constantly up if you stick to your target. Thanks for your input though!