Mob Map?

notebene.3190

Anyone know of any sort of interactive map, or better relational database of maps and mobs?

It's one area where the wiki doesn't seem to work very well. It wants to group things by name and not by a base type. I can't seem to ask the question "show me where the centaurs are anywhere in the world". It's always a page on centaurs, that talks about centaur lore. Then at the bottom, there's real specific links where you can find where "Bob's Uncle's Sister Centaurs" might be located, but that's different from "Bob's Cousin's Best Friend Saw Ferris Pass Out At 31 Flavors Centaurs". 🤔

Ideally, a mapgenie type map for GW2, but I'd even take some raw "show me the centaur" data and it just spits out names of regions and areas or something.

• Confused 1

You uh.. Really want to find those centaurs huh?

It would actually be a really nice tool to have, I usually go by my own knowledge of the game on the odd occasion that I need to find a specific enemy type.

I mean this will utmost sincerity, why don't you go make one? There are already interactive maps of the game available, it can't be that much of a stretch to have a community contributed set of pins for each enemy type with filters?

I know that doesn't really help you in the short term, but it could be a cool project if you were so inclined.

GW2 has, in my experience, one of the best and most comprehensive wiki communities I have ever seen. We are spoilt by them really.

• Haha 1

Is this because the new dailies are now asking players to kill a specific type of enemy now?  If so, I'd suggest that this is by design to get players to actually explore and find them.  /shrug

If you play the story from each race, you get a general idea of where some of these are.  There are more centaurs in the "human" lands than say the asura ones, for example.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

You uh.. Really want to find those centaurs huh?

It would actually be a really nice tool to have, I usually go by my own knowledge of the game on the odd occasion that I need to find a specific enemy type.

I mean this will utmost sincerity, why don't you go make one? There are already interactive maps of the game available, it can't be that much of a stretch to have a community contributed set of pins for each enemy type with filters?

I know that doesn't really help you in the short term, but it could be a cool project if you were so inclined.

GW2 has, in my experience, one of the best and most comprehensive wiki communities I have ever seen. We are spoilt by them really.

I could go try to look at the API stuff, though not much of a programmer any more (or probably never was one).

I did find this, but it's just POIs and things like that.

• Confused 1

If the thing you are looking for is 'killable', then it's very possible that there is an associated "Slayer" achievement... in which case, there are guides online to help for finding these efficiently.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guide_to_Slayer_achievements
https://dulfyreborn.net/achievements/general/slayer/gw2-slayer-achievements-guide.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1