Staff changes I hope to see.

Akihito.4361

Truth be told the only thing staff needs to change is iWarlock. Revert the nerfs and allow it to do damage based off of the conditions on the enemy like back then. It used to hit like a truck even with full condi builds now its literally clone fodder. At least back then you can shatter phantasms now you have to wait for the useless iWarlocks to hit then change to clones to shatter.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 9:21 PM, Mevelios.4809 said:

Wiki description of the skill: internal cooldown of a second. If all cleaves are performed in a short window, only the first attacker would suffer something.

Chaos armor is basically mesmer's equivalent to elementalist aura skills: it gives you chaos aura. The ICD of auras is per recipient: if Chaos Armour worked on clones and granted them auras, it would be possible to trigger four times a second if the mesmer and all three clones were in the area of an attack. Because as far as the ICD is concerned, it's four separate auras.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

The ICD of auras is per recipient: if Chaos Armour worked on clones and granted them auras, it would be possible to trigger four times a second if the mesmer and all three clones were in the area of an attack. Because as far as the ICD is concerned, it's four separate auras.

Ah, right. I had completely forgotten how armors were working against multiple targets, thanks for the reminder!

Edited by Mevelios.4809

I agree with swapping skill 5 with 3 as 5 is usually reserved for phantasms on most other weapons (not gs) 
 for Phase retreat i would split pve function from pvp/wvw. In pve i would flip the direction making you jump forward but keeping every thing else as is.
adding pulse to Chaos storm i feel is a must now!
the main fix i see for chaos armor is just to add a blast finisher at the end of the duration, making it so that when combo with chaos storm you would give aoe  armor to allies. (keeping the its "my" defense but also adding a team player aspect to the skill)
as for  phantasmal warlock i think its fine maybe give it a bit more dmg other than that i think its a great skill!

Wow. I havent checked the forums since the day after posting this. you guys really took off with it. Dont have time to read through everything, but I just read the patch preview notes and GUESS WHAT?!

They're making some changes that I (and some of you) suggested. 

• Phantasmal Warlock: The phantasm summoned by this skill now inflicts torment instead of vulnerability.
  • Chaotic Transference: This trait has been reworked. When you grant chaos aura to yourself, also grant it to nearby allies. When you grant chaos aura to an ally, also grant them regeneration. **This isnt directly about staff, but it makes skill 4 apply aoe Chaos Aura. Meaning to allies OR clones. This is AWESOME because (as I read some of you suggest) it will allow clones getting hit to apply confusion to enemies. Big change here! LOVE IT!*

There are other big changes I really like (Malicious Sorcery reworked to apply confusion on evade), but that dont directly affect Staff gameplay (although, Malicious Sorcery does for Mirage). Looking to be a fun patch!

• Like 3