New account: some items can and some can't be bought on tp

I created a new account and I find some things very strange.

I can't use the tp properly. I get a message telling me that. But some things I can buy, most things I can't. What is the difference?
Why can't a new player buy things using the tp anyway? What is the harm in buying?

I wanted to buy an invisible bag, but I couldn't buy that (others were buyable, but they were useless to me).

https://i.postimg.cc/3wwLPdC3/gw203.jpg

I used the level 80 item for my engi and got the expected celestial gear with a rifle. But I wanted two pistols. So I wanted to buy them, but just like with the bags, some were purchasable and most were not. The stat combination I wanted was not purchasable.

https://i.postimg.cc/dVnBJw4n/gw193.jpg

I had to buy the weapons (my Rev only got a spear for underwater with the level 80 item, not also the ranged weapon, but the ranged weapon is my preferred one) and bags with my main account and send them to my new account. But what about the people who don't have that option?

• Sad 1

You made a new account and have a level 80 boost.  So I assume you started on a free-to-play account and then upgraded it.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Guild-Wars-2-Account-Types-Free-Core-HoT-PoF

"

I upgraded my account, but the game is still acting as though I’m on a free account!

After you upgrade a free account, you’ll need to exit the game and re-log to see your permissions change.

Note that there’s also a longer delay (up to five days) before mail attachments, the Black Lion Trading Company, and guild banks are unlocked. You should see a message in-game displaying the time remaining before you have full access to these features."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

So I assume you started on a free-to-play account and then upgraded it

My key included Hot, Pof and Eod. No seasons, no Soto. I didn't start with f2p.
Bought it in Dec 22 when that collection was on sale in the gw2 shop. Didn't have time or the want to use it earlier.

But whatever, I'm asking why some items are buyable and some are not. See screenshots.

Also I ask why buying is limited in the first place.

Read the link I sent.  There are restrictions on the different account types and they are all listed on that link.  In your screenshot, the game shows what the wait period is.  They implemented this awhile ago when they made the base game free in order to combat scammers.  The wait period is going to be based on playtime, not when you purchased it.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1