What mechanist could have been

Carran.9158

On 10/9/2023 at 12:45 AM, Carran.9158 said:

Anet pls. 

I was hoping more like holosmith but turns into ironman OR we merge with robot and become one (just wearing ironman suit again) then use mechanist shroud skills...

Spoiler

ngl this is a pointless topic and there will not be any changes to class spec expect getting 1 new weapon very soon...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/6/2023 at 8:48 PM, Resident.7421 said:

Mech is OP for soloing and boringly easy to play. That's a lousy combo. It's basically the go-to for unimaginative and unskilled players, and sadly outperforms most anything else. On top of that it's a huge eyesore. Green 🟩robots🟩 everywhere you turn. 🟩Blech.🟩

Some ideas to stop 🟩mech from being stupid, and beautify the landscape as well:

• 1. Make the 🟩mech automatically de-summon when out of combat. Then we wouldn't have to look at them idling in town, and it's 🟩ground slam🟩 could actually be a good opening attack. Whether it would automatically 🟩summon when entering combat idk. Perhaps not if..............
  • 2. When desummoned the engineer would gain a variation of the 🟩mech's skills as toolbelt skills so it could play well without the 🟩npc to carry it. This would make the 🟩robot a choice and give a 🟩more nuanced combat style,🟩 making it a trade-off. You'd have to sacrifice some of your personal power score to utilize the 🟩robot. This conscientious play style could be further enforced by.....................
  • Giving the 🟩mech a power supply, like holosmith or necro, so you could only keep your 🟩robot active for so long. Probably a long time, but not 🟩indefinitely. Then people would summon it when it would be most useful to them, instead of all the time for everything.🟩🟩🟩

Go ahead and slap some 🟩emojis on my post. See if I care. This 🟩class needs an overhaul.

Unless you aren't 🟩 sick 🟩 of seeing 🟩green🟩 yet.🟩

This! A million times, This!

I love every part of this suggestion. Especially the part where the bloody awful things despawn automatically.

The only way this could be better would be to make the abilities the mechanist has more powerful over time moving the power from the ai to the player, until it's actually good without the mech...... then delete the mech.

That would be the greatest

• Like 1
  • Confused 4