Holosmith color variations

Merica Madman.4695

Being able to change the holo color for your engineer would be awesome. That's why it pains me to say it will NEVER happen. I wouldn't mind being able to change the color of my phantasms and butterflies but it's just not in the cards, likely for the same reason we can't recolor weapons. The system was never made for it, it's too deeply entrenched in the code, and though they'll never admit it, the people that -might- be able to actually dig it out and implement it probably don't work there anymore.

SO you'll have to keep dreaming. Pleasant dreams.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Being able to change the holo color for your engineer would be awesome. That's why it pains me to say it will NEVER happen. I wouldn't mind being able to change the color of my phantasms and butterflies but it's just not in the cards, likely for the same reason we can't recolor weapons. The system was never made for it, it's too deeply entrenched in the code, and though they'll never admit it, the people that -might- be able to actually dig it out and implement it probably don't work there anymore.

SO you'll have to keep dreaming. Pleasant dreams.

I never understood the argument that color swapping is too deep into the games files to mess with, I'm not a programmer, but I can't imagine there's code that you can't touch if you have the technical knowledge to do so. As a mechanic and engineer student I can tell you that there's things that you can tinker with easily, and things you can tinker with difficulty, but if you have the know-how and the time you can reach and change anything. Can't imagine it's too different over on my fellow software engineer side of things.

I mean yeah, you may have to push some things to the side, and make some changes that you might not be too comfortable with, but if you get to what you're trying to get to and deal with it you can retrace your steps and patch everything else back up.

I can only guess that it's not worth the effort/time to do so for Anet. Witch is why I doubt it will happen as well.

Edited by jason.1083