Skimmer Treat

Was running around Elon Riverlands last night on my mesmer. Completed the heart at the skimmer ranch and bought a bunch of skimmer treats, but when I tried to consume one (while sitting on the skimmer), I received the message that I couldn't consume it while in combat or right after consuming one. I did the story, and unlocked the mounts and treats, on my warrior, not my mesmer. Just doing map completion on the mes. I tried in several spots on the map, was never in combat when I tried and never was able to eat the treat. Was able to consume a springer treat, but not the skimmer. Anyone else have a similar issue? I have not tried it on my warrior or in a different map yet.

My dog used to not trust me when I was giving him a treat for no reason, just looking at me like " 'tis ain't right, too suspicious". Try to make it Bareroll or something before offering a treat.Seriously, I will take a look and let you know if I have the issue as well.

EDIT:I don't seem to have the same Issue, so I can't tell what might be causing the Problem or how to solve it. Sorry.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:Was running around Elon Riverlands last night on my mesmer. Completed the heart at the skimmer ranch and bought a bunch of skimmer treats, but when I tried to consume one (while sitting on the skimmer), I received the message that I couldn't consume it while in combat or right after consuming one. I did the story, and unlocked the mounts and treats, on my warrior, not my mesmer. Just doing map completion on the mes. I tried in several spots on the map, was never in combat when I tried and never was able to eat the treat. Was able to consume a springer treat, but not the skimmer. Anyone else have a similar issue? I have not tried it on my warrior or in a different map yet.

I haven't used treats all that often (only when building XP to spend MPs), but I've quite often received that message shortly after swapping to a mount. So far I've found that, if I wait a few seconds and try again, and repeat as necessary, it has always cleared within two or three attempts (YMMV, of course).

When I got onto the same toon last night, I was able to consume the skimmer treat. A couple hours later I got the skimmer on my alt account and couldn't consume the treat that I'd gotten. Both times that I could not consume the treat, I was at the skimmer ranch and soon after I had completed the heart. If I get home before reset, I'll move my alt to a different area of the map and see if I can consume it.

@Biff.5312 said:Maybe a dumb question - was your XP already maxed when you tried to use it?

Nope. I'm starting to think it may have something to do with the fact that I'd just bought them. THAT timing seems to be consistent, and I vaguely remember having a similar problem right after buying a bunch of the springer treats in Desert Highlands way back when I did that.

Archived