Is Power Berserker still good in PVE (Raid/Fractals)

Crusartas.9502

First of all Viable is a really loaded term, you can probably play pZerk relatively badly and still outperform pugs who don't put any effort into learning a rotation at all and still easily clear raids and strikes.

Currently, it's got a very good golem bench but requires extremely good execution to reproduce that level of performance in real encounters, so I wouldn't recommend it - it's easy to screw something up and drop Berserk, tanking your performance massively. 

Once the next balance patch hits end Nov though, they're making some SIGNIFICANT quality of life improvements to Berserker and it'll be able to upkeep Berserk relatively effortlessly, so I expect it to become an easy recommend.

Edited by Jzaku.9765
  • Like 2

PvE Power Berserker is a build that is theoretically great and moderate in practice. In some encounters it is among the best builds you can bring and in others it is held back from its top performance due to the mechanics of the encounter. For content that is similar to the golem benchmark (either because the boss doesn't have meaningful mechanics or they are being taken care of by supports/ ignored) a power Berserker should not be a detriment for any group.

23 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Once the next balance patch hits end Oct though, they're making some SIGNIFICANT quality of life improvements to Berserker and it'll be able to upkeep Berserk relatively effortlessly, so I expect it to become an easy recommend.

The balance patch is scheduled for the 28th of November.