Wintersday in our Guild Halls (show yours here)

• Mysty Meadows.1425 changed the title to Wintersday in our Guild Halls (show yours here)
On 11/16/2023 at 9:04 AM, Mysty Meadows.1425 said:

That is one thing I do like about Isle of Reflection, the buildings that give it a village feel and make for nice scenes like your wintersday ones.  Very lovely.

Not really wintersday but I redid my tavern to a winter scene, also to make it smaller using kryptis walls instead of academic.  In spite of the kind of creepy walls it gives a more warm, cozy feel inside in the middle of winter, I think (although, someone seems to have tracked in a bit of snow).  I would have liked to put a wintersday tree inside but I have learned that once you reach max decorations for an area you might not be able to replace anything you remove.

The Groggy Gargoyle exterior

The Groggy Gargoyle interior 1

The Groggy Gargoyle interior 2

Edited by Mattahood.9423
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mattahood.9423 said:

That is one thing I do like about Isle of Reflection, the buildings that give it a village feel and make for nice scenes like your wintersday ones.  Very lovely.

Not really wintersday but I redid my tavern to a winter scene, also to make it smaller using kryptis walls instead of academic.  In spite of the kind of creepy walls it gives a more warm, cozy feel inside in the middle of winter, I think (although, someone seems to have tracked in a bit of snow).  I would have liked to put a wintersday tree inside but I have learned that once you reach max decorations for an area you might not be able to replace anything you remove.

The Groggy Gargoyle exterior

The Groggy Gargoyle interior 1

The Groggy Gargoyle interior 2

This is wonderful, and very clever! It looks like a pub in the new area. Great job!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mysty Meadows.1425 said:

This is wonderful, and very clever! It looks like a pub in the new area. Great job!

I miss Guilded Hollow sometimes, the upper levels were fun to explore. Especially the top one, above ground with it's day and night cycle. I used to build a mad kings area, with the walls etc. Fun times

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mysty Meadows.1425 said:

I miss Guilded Hollow sometimes, the upper levels were fun to explore. Especially the top one, above ground with it's day and night cycle. I used to build a mad kings area, with the walls etc. Fun times

Hiya guys.

About the upper level in Glided Hollow (GH), is there a explorable way to reach it? I have been up there but only once and through those magic mirrors. Now that I am in a guild with GH, I couldn't find a way up there. I have watched video on how to reach the top and a jumping puzzle was created along the way, the decorator jumped her way to the top. Is that the only way to reach the top if no mirror portals are placed?

Btw, nicely done with those winter decorations  🙂

Edit: This guild I am in now has no portal or JP to the top, so I spent a few days exploring and trying to find the upper most level where I could see the clear blue sky  but efforts in vain. Even the GL couldn't find a way up and can't help. Sorry to go off topic here.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 1

There are several ways to get there depending on what is available to you.

If your guild has a fractal console you can use nova transformation and just float up.

My favorite way is the oakheart/waypoint jump but it would take a little explaining to do.  But it is a real blast.  I still use it a lot even though i now have portals set up.  (I also made sure there is small area of decorations that can only be reached by this method or the nova transformation.)

A sky scale can get you there.  There is an opening in a cliff north west of the northern way point that will help you find a path to the top - kind of hard to explain here.  Or, start from the arena and go east and using ledges to recharge as well as cliff hanging and bond of vigor, just keep working your way higher. Again, stay near the sunbeam that comes straight down as the will lead to an opening to the top.

Probably the easiest but slowest is to create steps using decorations like the super clouds.  Put 3-5 of them together in a step pattern, climb to the top and delete the lower ones, replacing them in a step pattern leading further up.  start in the center of the guild hall just south of the wp and kind of keep near the sun beam that shines straight down as it leads to an opening that in in the top of the hall.  To do this, of course, you will need decorator permission.  Before skyscales this was probably the most common way.

If you have decorator permission (and from your signature it looks like you do) remember to get a djinn portal exit and a djinn portal entrance so you can place the exit at the top and not have to work your way up again.

Edited by Mattahood.9423
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The thing is I am not a decorator in that guild with Glided Hollow, just a new member. I have no Skyscale and I have yet to find a Fractal Console in that Hall.

The guild in my signature is my own private guild, that one I have portal mirrors planted all over for easy access to hard to reach places and there is a Fractal Console in [WET] Hall too (love the no gravity buff, it turns griffon, skyscale and skimmer into true flying mounts 😄But Glided Hollow is the very first guild hall given to guilds back in those days when no mounts are available yet, and yet players are able to reach the top. Maybe by placing steps along the way like you mentioned. I was just hoping there is a hidden route to the top.

Oh nvm, guess I'll have to wait for someone to put up those magic mirrors then. Thanks Matt 🙂

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 1

O M G, so much jumping and flying, such a hassle just to get to the top Glided Hollow 😦 Props to that player for finding a way up there. Matt, I left one of my guilds to make way for yours 🙂 But, as I was typing my reply, suddenly you quit party and went offline. Thank you for showing me your fantastic Hall 🏆

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

O M G, so much jumping and flying, such a hassle just to get to the top Glided Hollow 😦 Props to that player for finding a way up there. Matt, I left one of my guilds to make way for yours 🙂 But, as I was typing my reply, suddenly you quit party and went offline. Thank you for showing me your fantastic Hall 🏆

Sorry, I really had to go and get some sleep.  I was nodding off in my chair.  Invitation sent from guild leader account.  But, as I said, we are not real active.

• Like 1

I didn't know that Glided Hollow has quite a few cool places (some hidden) to explore. Matt is hardly online, hard to get him in game 😟 Matty, can you please tell me again where is the mirror portal to that underwater statue? In which direction from the Hall main WP? I'll look for it. Thank you...

Edited by Sugar Min.5834

On 11/29/2023 at 9:26 PM, Sugar Min.5834 said:

I didn't know that Glided Hollow has quite a few cool places (some hidden) to explore. Matt is hardly online, hard to get him in game 😟 Matty, can you please tell me again where is the mirror portal to that underwater statue? In which direction from the Hall main WP? I'll look for it. Thank you...

unless you purchased the Djinn mirrors they do not come with guild hall. If you have a raptor and  bunny you can get to the top level.  If it helps add me to your friends list I'd be happy to show you how 🙂 Being a mesmer I can port as well.

Thanks for offering to help but I managed to catch Matt yesterday 😛

I had no problem reaching the top of his Glided Hollow. His Hall has a Djinn mirror to the top and all Glided Hollow Halls should do this too. Anyway there is a hidden area that has a mirror to reach it and I have been there once before but I just couldn't remember where that mirror is when I try to explore that area again. But I got it yesterday.

It's kinda cool that this game has hidden areas behind walls and fake walls in the Halls. I know Glided Hollow and Windswept Haven have a couple but not sure about Lost Precipice and Isle of Reflection, yet to see one in them.

• Like 1

Sorry have not been on much - work and chemo have kind of worn me out these days.  I think Gilded Hollow has so many hidden spots because it was intended to duplicate a complex cave system with several different bioms.  You can find find everything from hidden waterfalls to a bit of desert to a cave that looks perfect for moss and mushrooms.  That is why I have kept gilded Hollow even though Lost precipice is easier to actually decorate.

• Like 1

Glided Hollow is great for building big castle and huge structures like what you did with yours 👍 Those upper levels are vast and unblock over a long distance. The foggy dark environment and the ability to see huge castle and structure silhouettes in the distance adds to that mystic feeling. Very impressive.

And also I like the fact that waterfalls are every where cascading into the deep cavern lakes. I like water so a big plus point for me 🙂

This is why I was kinda sad that many of my ex-guilds abandoned Glided Hollow, Windswept Haven and go for IoR. Not that IoR is bad but it's like every guild has one kinda make it less distinctive, losing its magic. Some of the older guilds had very nice decorations in their old guild halls which they cannot bring them to the zen looking environment in IoR. It's a waste to me 😪 This is why I can't move my Hall to IoR. [WET] is heavily decorated like yours and I am not willing to forgo them for greener pastures (no pun intended :P). But unlike yours, mine has no giant structures. My decors are more on the interactive side, in pockets of varying themes.

edit: chemo? chemo therapy? 🙁 

Edited by Sugar Min.5834

here are the new decorations.  I put them in the air on a long straight race track piece so you can see the size and that they drop below the base on which they are placed.  Don't know what I will do with them as they do not fit with any of my wintersday decorations.

scarred spike, scarred ice sheet, scarred ice monolith

different angle

Edited by Mattahood.9423

On 12/13/2023 at 4:00 PM, Mattahood.9423 said:

here are the new decorations.  I put them in the air on a long straight race track piece so you can see the size and that they drop below the base on which they are placed.  Don't know what I will do with them as they do not fit with any of my wintersday decorations.

scarred spike, scarred ice sheet, scarred ice monolith

different angle

Thank you for showing us the new stuff. 🙂

In our GH I created a place in the sky, you visit via a mirror, and I have the village area.. The Sky version is is a self contained display. You could do the same or similar. There is no rule it all must be one grand display. It can be, or it can be separate glimpses. I even thought about using some Halloween stuff and "Wintersday" to try and convey the Nightmare before Christmas vibe.