Necro staff suggestion

nopoet.2960

I main thief so this suggestion is very much coming from that experience. 

What if all marks had a flip over that would cause the necro and mark to swap places but immediately the mark.  Anet could use the I'm sinking in the ground animation rather than making it look like a shadowstep.  That's all and I think it would be a lot of fun without breaking anything.

21 minutes ago, nopoet.2960 said:

I main thief so this suggestion is very much coming from that experience. 

What if all marks had a flip over that would cause the necro and mark to swap places but immediately the mark.  Anet could use the I'm sinking in the ground animation rather than making it look like a shadowstep.  That's all and I think it would be a lot of fun without breaking anything.

I think that would break a lot 😅. Add spectral walk, minion teleport and you almost can't be caught lol. 4, 1200 range teleports and skill 2 has really low cd for that.

• Like 1

Just now, arazoth.7290 said:

I think that would break a lot 😅. Add spectral walk, minion teleport and you almost can't be caught lol. 4, 1200 range teleports and skill 2 has really low cd for that.

What I have been thinking myself.

Remove soul reaping unblockable trait on staff for marks. => staff skill 3 + 5 get unblockable baked in it by default which generates also some lifeforce.

•Staff skill 2 mark of blood: 

Each enemy target who triggers it gets currently 2 bleed stacks and regen boon to allies in radius.

Add ontop this, each enemy (max 5) who triggers the mark gets a 1 second pulsing 240 radius aoe around himself. This pulsing effect gives 1 stack of bleed to enemies in that radius and regen boon to allies.

•Staff skill 3 mark of chillblains: 

Each enemy target who triggers it gets currently 2 poison stacks and chilled condi.

Add ontop this, each enemy (max 5) who triggers the mark gets a 1 second pulsing 240 radius aoe around himself. This pulsing effect gives 1 stack of poison to enemies in that radius + another blast combo finisher it in the already existing poison field.

Edited by arazoth.7290

31 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

But... you have to be using staff.  There's enough damage in other kits.  Staff could be for life force and mobility.

7 minutes ago, nopoet.2960 said:

But... you have to be using staff.  There's enough damage in other kits.  Staff could be for life force and mobility.

I can see that some people want more mobility on necromancer, but turning it into thief playstyle aint the trick 😅.

Also We will have to see how double swords on necromancer coming monday will impact mobility or not. If they bake into both some, then it can be solved already

• Like 1

Staff just generally needs a rework. In itself it's not exactly bad, but it's extremely non-reactive.... I mean we get 4 marks and only 2 interactive fields and a porly designed finisher (not counting AA). At least something they could do is give it ammo or make the fields interactive with each other (like engi shortbow).

In case of necro mobility, on base there's spectral walk and the wurm with some more options on harb and scourge. What we're missing the most is stability application, because as far as I remember right now we only have 1 source of that - a Well, with like 1 more on each spec. Which isn't a lot. And without that necros become perma controlled quite easily.

And while it would be interesting to have a port on staff it would be better if they just repaired Sand Swell and make it actually functional (too long cast time atm, too short range).

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 3:33 PM, arazoth.7290 said:

What I have been thinking myself.

Remove soul reaping unblockable trait on staff for marks. => staff skill 3 + 5 get unblockable baked in it by default which generates also some lifeforce.

•Staff skill 2 mark of blood: 

Each enemy target who triggers it gets currently 2 bleed stacks and regen boon to allies in radius.

Add ontop this, each enemy (max 5) who triggers the mark gets a 1 second pulsing 240 radius aoe around himself. This pulsing effect gives 1 stack of bleed to enemies in that radius and regen boon to allies.

•Staff skill 3 mark of chillblains: 

Each enemy target who triggers it gets currently 2 poison stacks and chilled condi.

Add ontop this, each enemy (max 5) who triggers the mark gets a 1 second pulsing 240 radius aoe around himself. This pulsing effect gives 1 stack of poison to enemies in that radius + another blast combo finisher it in the already existing poison field.

To point back on what I said earlier.

I think an easy solution like this, might fix the amount of conditions applied to enemies for condition builds in overall content.

Only thing Staff could ever need right now is a faster projectile 1 and make it bounce rather than pierce. The Lifeforce generation as well as targeted damage potential would be much higher than simply piercing targets if they bounce between two or three enemies. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Uete.3805 said:

I think adding a water field to skill 2 (at least in pve) could be a good move to make it more of a support weapon. Could even add another blast to skill 5 (in pve only since this one is busted as hell).

Don't really vibe with the thought of a Support staff when it seems more focused on conditions or general ranged damage rather than support. 

What I want for Staff would get me crucified but heck it, gonna just spill it anyway:

Staff 1 (1s cast time, your auto basically) : Mark of Blood. Spam that shizz. Bleed Bleed Bleed Bleed Bleed. Grants Regen for friendlies in its AoE. 5 cap.

Staff 2 : Mark of Despair (new). Damages, inflicts Vuln, Blast Finisher.

Staff 3 : The same

Staff 4 : The same

Staff 5 : Add Blast Finisher

Edited by Yasai.3549