Celestial tempest - good start for a new elementalist?

ruben p teles.8421

Hello! 

I'm new to elementalist and i'm a bit overwhelmed by the options that the class presents. 

I would like to know if celestial tempest is still a decent build for open world and maybe some instanced content because i've seen it recommended a long time ago. I don't plan on doing too many fractals or raids but it's nice to have a build that has some versatility. I really enjoy the 3 elite specs but i would prefer something without too high skill ceiling since i play mostly to relax. 

Thanks. Best regards.

38 minutes ago, ruben p teles.8421 said:

Hello! 

I'm new to elementalist and i'm a bit overwhelmed by the options that the class presents. 

I would like to know if celestial tempest is still a decent build for open world and maybe some instanced content because i've seen it recommended a long time ago. I don't plan on doing too many fractals or raids but it's nice to have a build that has some versatility. I really enjoy the 3 elite specs but i would prefer something without too high skill ceiling since i play mostly to relax. 

Thanks. Best regards.

It'll be an easy build for open world.  Just run fire/earth traits with scepter/warhorn, ideally.  Most of your damage will come from burn and bleed in fire and earth attunements.

For instanced content you'd be playing a support role, but celestial probably isn't the best option.  If you want to rotate into a damage role you're better off using viper stats paired with the above fire/earth scepter setup.

Celestial tempest is absolutely what I would reccomended for a new ele player.  Play around with the traitlines and find a playstyle that works for you. As far as taking it into instances go, should work fine as a support build but you'll want more specialized stats for a damage build. Just be aware that if you raid in cele gear you may end up being the tank.

Yesterday I played cele tempest healing for the memes with my static and it slapped! It did everything. Massive healing, great CC, great boons(I was playing staff) and not lacking too much of dmg. If you plan of learning how to support I suggest you traveler runes for more versatile options+relic of the monk/karakosa. Healing is pretty good as it is but if you lack healing you can put monk runes. I guess you can even go sw/wh if you want but the healing wont be too great(tho other boons are going to be easier to maintain with warhorn).

• Like 1