Can we get a Phase Retreat rework?

Micah.3789

I'm getting real tired of throwing myself out of stack every 10s to summon a clone. Could this skill just be ground target so I can choose not to move if I just want a clone? Or better yet, make it a flip skill where you choose a spot at your feet first, then reactivate to trigger phase retreat to return to the spot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Flip skill would be best, having the only mobility skill removed from staff would be a horrible horrible change.

I think you misunderstood. If it were ground target you could move where ever you wanted instead of just directly away. I do prefer the flip skill idea though.

Phase retreat is easily one of the best skills on the entire profession. Can't count the number of times it has either been a lifesaver, setup a kill, clutch reposition etc.

Any additional delay to activation such as a flipover would ruin it for me. Same with ground targeting on a clone summon - really hate the rifle 2 skill, and find camera about face or rotation with staff 2 to function well enough.

Edit - realise this comes across a bit harsh maybe, sorry about that I just feel quite strongly about it.

Edit 2 - thinking about it, an acceptable option would be for it to always port you backwards determined by the direction your character is facing and regardless if you have an enemy targeted or not. But the downside is then you can't do things like have a target selected, blink past them and hit phase retreat to instantly port further away from them, as you would have to rotate your camera every time. Pros and cons for each tbh, would accept either way.

Edited by Curunen.8729
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The actual solution to this is that staff isn't a hardcore pve weapon, and tying mirage alac to it is a problem. It didn't really have any other good place to be before. Now, it would really be worth looking at putting alac on the rifle for the mirage ambush skill bonus trait and give staff something else (resolution?)

Edit: or give it a flip skill that swaps the mesmer/clone positions back, similar to the sword clone skill except without immob (cause that would be insanely op - the instant activation mobility is enough). So it still works like it currently does for the good reactive instant mobility needed in pvp, but gains the ability to switch back right away so pve is still ok

Edited by Goosekilla.2796
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Goosekilla.2796 said:

The actual solution to this is that staff isn't a hardcore pve weapon, and tying mirage alac to it is a problem. It didn't really have any other good place to be before.

Ya, this is precisely what I'm wrestling with. I think it would be nice if alac were just on the Mirage Mantle trait period, that way we could use our preferred weapons.

5 hours ago, Goosekilla.2796 said:

give it a flip skill that swaps the mesmer/clone positions back, similar to the sword clone skill except without immob

I like this idea a lot. Seems like a fix that could keep everyone happy. Might even open up some juking options for pvp

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1