How do we feel about heal Chrono now?

Dark Viper.2378

• Dark Viper.2378 changed the title to How do we feel about heal Chrono now?
  • 4 weeks later...

Well,  this morning i did ok on the golem, but things were bad vs boneskinner... overall i feel like hps is too low to sustain 1.7k dps by itself. However i was without any quickness against BS (solo try), while i was on it when testing against the training golem. 

I am running full minstrel, scepter/shield, with chaos/inspiration/chrono aheal, 2 mantras and 3 wells. Heal chrono tested in fractals t1-t2, ibs -bs, soto strikes with good feelings, but i wonder if it can sustain hl contents like raids and cms...

8 hours ago, GGCKT.7590 said:

I am running full minstrel, scepter/shield, with chaos/inspiration/chrono aheal, 2 mantras and 3 wells. Heal chrono tested in fractals t1-t2, ibs -bs, soto strikes with good feelings, but i wonder if it can sustain hl contents like raids and cms...

It definitely can, the only quirk right now (as long as the rifle isn't out) is that it's difficult to manage for healing at range, since unlike mirage you can't compensate with higher mobility to jump wherever heals are needed. Only wells can do that for now, taking a 3sec delay your allies should be waiting for! And those who can't wait meet with natural selection, so... 😆

• Haha 1

Pros:

lots of boon access including aegis and stability. Lots of utility skill customization with mesmer tool kit to address different situations

Cons:

Clunky burst healing from long mantra charge and delayed well expiration. Not a lot of ranged healing options(rifle can fix this).

Edited by Excitonalt.7340

Pros:

- Easy boon access and uptime, despite the bug.
- Can easily switch between Alac and Quick with just a trait change.
- Easy Stability and Aegis access.
- Generous access to condition cleansing.
- Very tanky with 3-4 inherent blocks and invulnerability.
- Inherent access to many very powerful CCs, the Signet elite alone is the highest CC in a single hit in the game. 
- Very powerful healing, among healers with the highest healing output right now.
- Can give a decent amount of barrier every 10s with Flock relic.
- Access to the Mesmer's flexible toolkit: Blink + Portal for skipping and mechanics cheesing, Feedback dome for reflect. Can combine with Continuum Split and trait for the longest reflect duration of any healers.

Cons:
- Even if the radius is generous, most of the healing/boons is still PBAoE.
- The only form of ranged healing so far is the Wells, but their healings are delayed.
- All of the healing/boons magic is tied to Shattering, which is very dependent on Clones and makes it somewhat annoying in fights with invulnerable phases or lots of ads. 
- Your healing comes in the form of small delayed bursts and not a constant stream of healing, which is problematic in fights with constant pulsing damage like Whisper or Boneskinner.

12 hours ago, Excitonalt.7340 said:

Clunky burst healing from long mantra charge and delayed well expiration. Not a lot of ranged healing options(rifle can fix this).

Mantra spamming is a noob trap, please don't fall for it. As you said it's very clunky to use, and another downside is that the long channel time eats up all your time to create Clones, which directly makes your boon uptime suffer.   

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 1:02 AM, GGCKT.7590 said:

Well,  this morning i did ok on the golem, but things were bad vs boneskinner... overall i feel like hps is too low to sustain 1.7k dps by itself. However i was without any quickness against BS (solo try), while i was on it when testing against the training golem. 

I've found celestial heal chrono is adequate enough for most strikes, but hit the same wall with boneskinner. I'm surprised minstrels didn't work for you, I thought celestial was the reason I couldn't heal for that one.

Way too much work and things that can go wrong (like stray aoe destroying your continuum split early) for the little payoff. It's just a worse support/dps held down by the current continuum split ramp up adndisadvantages on top of mediocre wells and its once great elite spec weapon (the shield) being made obsolete.

18 hours ago, Strider.7849 said:

I've found celestial heal chrono is adequate enough for most strikes, but hit the same wall with boneskinner. I'm surprised minstrels didn't work for you, I thought celestial was the reason I couldn't heal for that one.

Did ibs5 yesterday, with your avg pug. Overall whisper run went fairly easily,  and bs needed 3-4 trys to be done. Actually, with good access to quick and alac the only downside was the lack of any emergency ranged heal burst. As Mevelios said, pu better should know how to stack, otherwise only god may help them lol. 

Next step would be funny roles like hk from Deimos wing 4 fight, if anyone has any experience i'd be happy to hear from you.

11 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Way too much work and things that can go wrong (like stray aoe destroying your continuum split early) for the little payoff. It's just a worse support/dps held down by the current continuum split ramp up adndisadvantages on top of mediocre wells and its once great elite spec weapon (the shield) being made obsolete.

But the heal rotation doesn't even need to use Continuum Split. It's something more akin to a panic button to double the healing output if things go haywire. But that rarely happens and I've used it more for gimmicky stuff, like double Feedback. 

Shield is not obsolete, it's the only source of group Might on a weapon skill. It also has a cute interaction with Relic of Midnight King to give more Might and Fury. And from your other posts it seems you misunderstood how the shield block works. Blocking an attack is the condition to trigger Deja Vu, and the only condition for summoning the Phantasm is that you let the skill fully channel. I could agree to a cooldown reduction on this skill. 

Also Well of Precognition is a very powerful skill, pulsing group-wide Aegis for 3 whole seconds. Calling it mediocre is just plain wrong. Well of Action is another mandatory skill in most support builds. 

• Like 2