Nade engi

noneHotBuildTest.7251

Everybody is thinking it, I'm just saying it
Why's Anet acting like Scrapper isn't straight-up broken, man?

Dealing crazy damage from a distance, spamming nades like it's a party trick, and running away with superspeed?

That's some degenerate gameplay right there. Too much damage, too much versatility, and it's practically saying 'adios' to line of sight and blocks like it's nothing.

Having 20k health, tons of superspeed, blocks, and stealth that lasts longer than your attention span is not what I'd call balanced. And this spec can be played almost entirely from 1200 range. Sustain game strong.

No one likes going against it. Other specs got nerfed even when they were way weaker. Nades have always been a headache; every other patch, there's an engi spec abusing them. I doubt Anet will tweak the mechanics, like shooting nades backward. Hopefully, they'll at least tone down the damage by 50%.

If a ranger could Rapid Fire you while backpedaling with no way to slow them down, people would riot. But hey, here's Engi Nade. What's so special about Engi that it gets to spam grenades recklessly? Sure, it might seem like a weak attack, but two throws, and bam, a 15k hp cat is at 50% health.

And don't even get me started on stealth. Thieves and mesmers are just out here, thinking they're slick, and bam, the Engi reveals them by chucking grenades around like confetti every 20 seconds, thanks to "Tool Engi."
It shouldn't be a quick win in the distance; it should've been a low-damage annoyance before the face-to-face showdown. The only players surviving ranged DPS are those with 10+ seconds of immortality. Still not sure how they're pulling that off because there's no such ability on any class/spec. But it won't matter because the AI pet is gonna get 'em.

And when you finally close in on the Engi, they just hightail it out of there. PvP isn't fun if Engi can escape combat with ease. Why down an Engi if their AI pet is gonna hit you hard anyway? I've seen Engis fall and AED full heal before they hit the ground, teleporting away.

This is why not everyone should do game development.

• Confused 5

Although I know this is a joke. I just have to say it...

I can literally tank nades being thrown in my face as Holo while pursuing such a Scrapper build, meanwhile the same build/damage reduction effects barely feel like they have any effect at all against most top builds from other professions.

• Like 1