Rifle 2 rework ideas

Chakarr.9254

Hello ! I'm a new player really loving the aesthetic of the engi class. The idea of the rifle being a bursty/mobile weapon is nice, and in my opinion some changes could be made to better fit this idea/theme, and make the weapon more fun to use.

I think the second skill, blunderbuss, should be merged with the fourth skill, overcharged shot. This would make more sense in my opinion, and would be more fun to use. To make the skill more balanced and challenging to use, it could be made into a charge skill. Taping the skill would only to little damage (still more in melee) in a small area, and apply might. On the other hand, charging the skill could do more damage, cover a sightly greater area, provide a bit more might and repel targets (3 max). 

It would make the rifle more compelling to use, and would not prevent the rifle from being the mobile/kitting weapon it is, because it as already access to an immobilize, a leap to escape combat. It would also promote a more high risk/reward playstyle, going in, dishing damage and going out, and now choosing to either tap the skill for some damage or charge for mroe damge at the risk of being interrupted. 

The fourth skill could be a grenade, since the rifle already as access to them. I thought about a smoke grenade, providing smoke field, but it could be broken.

I'm open to ideas, and really hope this weapon will get a rework to be more fun to use.

(sry for my english, i'm french trying my best !) 🙂

Edited by Chakarr.9254
  • Confused 1

Anet Is frightened about engi rifle right now, cuz the rifle Mech combo rised a (laughable) comunity backlash not so long ago. It Is a mid to low range weapon and as such, should receive more love in terms of numbers. In 90% of situations, Hammer Wins hands down, aside from some leggy/bounty mechanics where rifle Shine with his consistency.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1