Quick Heal Chrono

xellink.7568

Your build looks good except you should always take improved alacrity for chrono. For chaos, consider taking illusionary defense as mesmer doesn't have a lot of protection access. Shield phantasm protection is unreliable

Heal chrono is viable. The only downside right now is the burst healing from chrono is clunky. You either have to wait for well to expire and pray your teammates to stay inside well or you have to suffer through the long cast time of mantra charging to get the healing. 

From my personal build:

Trait:
- Illusionary Defense is a must. The entire point of the last patch was giving heal Mesmers protection access. Your build doesn't benefit anything from Method of Madness, its boons are too random to be considered a source. Think about it this way: More Protection = less you need to heal.

Skills:
- Switch heal Well for the heal Mantra. Both Metaphysical Rejuvenation and the new Ego Restoration trait flow really well with the Mantra to the point it's as if they were tailored specifically for it, as Metaphysical's cooldown aligns with the Mantra and Ego also creates a Clone on Mantra charges. Use it to Shatter with 3 Clones more often. In fact between all the interactions you'll heal way more than the Well's own massive heal.

- Use more Wells over the utility Mantras. Even with Quickness the Mantra spam playstyle is still too clunky, as Mesmer's Mantras work differently from Firebrand's Mantras. You want to spam the prep effect but you'll then be locked out of any other action. With Wells you can still do something else while waiting for the heal. Also Well of Action is a must since Chrono currently has some trouble with Might share. 

- Consider Signet of Illusions. The passive Clone generation helps with food for Shattering, which means more heal, and you can combo it with Bountiful Disillusionment (since its boon share isn't reliant on Clones). 

Equipment:
- Consider Relic of the Midnight King. It triggers twice with Shield 5, and that's 14 stacks of Might on 20s cooldown. Well of Action and Bountiful Disillusionment will take care of the rest. It also triggers with Gravity Well for a cute interaction (should trigger 3 times, but testing shows it only triggers 2 times not counting the middle pulse. might be a bug). 

- Use Rune of the Water or Monk instead of Rebirth. Monk offers more heal and is cheap, Water offers more boon duration but expensive, Rebirth offers more Toughness which is not valuable. If you want some Toughness you can switch some Harrier pieces for Giver, which is a direct conversion from Power to Toughness.

- Personally I use double Scepter and Sigil of Renewal, as that's a 1200-1300 heal in a pinch on weapon swap. I don't see much value in Staff in a heal build, especially if we're already taking Relic of Midnight King.    

Edited by ZephidelGRS.9520

I really struggle with heal range on my heal chrono. heal is strong, boon uptime is fine with alac or quick. All good but your team mates has to be close, really close, or no heal for them.. when there is split phase or you want to heal someone in range doing some mechanic.. well i guess rifle will help there, untill than i dont know what to do in that situation. BTW im using this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nSLS8MRlaw

16 hours ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

From my personal build:

Trait:
- Illusionary Defense is a must. The entire point of the last patch was giving heal Mesmers protection access. Your build doesn't benefit anything from Method of Madness, its boons are too random to be considered a source. Think about it this way: More Protection = less you need to heal.

Skills:
- Switch heal Well for the heal Mantra. Both Metaphysical Rejuvenation and the new Ego Restoration trait flow really well with the Mantra to the point it's as if they were tailored specifically for it, as Metaphysical's cooldown aligns with the Mantra and Ego also creates a Clone on Mantra charges. Use it to Shatter with 3 Clones more often. In fact between all the interactions you'll heal way more than the Well's own massive heal.

- Use more Wells over the utility Mantras. Even with Quickness the Mantra spam playstyle is still too clunky, as Mesmer's Mantras work differently from Firebrand's Mantras. You want to spam the prep effect but you'll then be locked out of any other action. With Wells you can still do something else while waiting for the heal. Also Well of Action is a must since Chrono currently has some trouble with Might share. 

- Consider Signet of Illusions. The passive Clone generation helps with food for Shattering, which means more heal, and you can combo it with Bountiful Disillusionment (since its boon share isn't reliant on Clones). 

Equipment:
- Consider Relic of the Midnight King. It triggers twice with Shield 5, and that's 14 stacks of Might on 20s cooldown. Well of Action and Bountiful Disillusionment will take care of the rest. It also triggers with Gravity Well for a cute interaction (should trigger 3 times, but testing shows it only triggers 2 times not counting the middle pulse. might be a bug). 

- Use Rune of the Water or Monk instead of Rebirth. Monk offers more heal and is cheap, Water offers more boon duration but expensive, Rebirth offers more Toughness which is not valuable. If you want some Toughness you can switch some Harrier pieces for Giver, which is a direct conversion from Power to Toughness.

- Personally I use double Scepter and Sigil of Renewal, as that's a 1200-1300 heal in a pinch on weapon swap. I don't see much value in Staff in a heal build, especially if we're already taking Relic of Midnight King.    

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAs6ZlZwaYLMFWJe0TqtVA-DSJYqRH/ZkqSoaZgd/EAQFA-e

This is what I have after taking account what you said.

2 hours ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Is Regen uptime possible without spamming the Healing Mantra every 10 seconds?

I hate the mantras and would hate to be forced to add one I have to spam constantly.

Only if you block with Shield. 

14 hours ago, xellink.7568 said:

Only if you block with Shield. 

I don't know what blocking with the Shield has to do with Regen.

But I'm going to try essentially your build just with the Mirror healing skill instead of the Mantra.

I'll at least be able to apply Regen without being forced to press the heal button 3 times and suffer through the excessive cooldown just for that one boon.

27 minutes ago, xellink.7568 said:

Shield 4 gives prot and prot gives regen. You can share it with blurred inscriptions and Signet of Inspiration.

The blurred inscription trait competes with shatter healing. 

Neither work this way, the build editor hasn't been updated yet 😉 Chaotic transference was exclusively a personal effect anyway.

Blurred inscriptions coupled to the Signet of inspiration doesn't spread your boons, it merely adds 3s duration on whatever your allies currently have (concentration does not influence that extra duration). The only boon that would spread this way is aegis through Inspiring distortion, since the distortion from Blurred inscriptions triggers it.

It would be really interesting if the Signet of inspiration, whether on its base activation or coupled to Blurred inscriptions, were spreading boons. Sadly that's not how it works!

11 hours ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Is Regen uptime possible without spamming the Healing Mantra every 10 seconds?

Yes it's definitely possible but only with Staff. Assuming 100% boon duration, Chaotic Transference will share 8s of Regen on every Chaos Aura application, and with Staff you inherently have 3 aura sources (Staff 4, combo Staff 5+2 and F2).  You also gain 12s of Regen when using the Heal skill alone, not necessarily the Mantra.

9 hours ago, Mevelios.4809 said:

Neither work this way, the build editor hasn't been updated yet 😉 Chaotic transference was exclusively a personal effect anyway.

Blurred inscriptions coupled to the Signet of inspiration doesn't spread your boons, it merely adds 3s duration on whatever your allies currently have (concentration does not influence that extra duration). The only boon that would spread this way is aegis through Inspiring distortion, since the distortion from Blurred inscriptions triggers it.

It would be really interesting if the Signet of inspiration, whether on its base activation or coupled to Blurred inscriptions, were spreading boons. Sadly that's not how it works!

Why would anet design such a useless skill?

15 minutes ago, xellink.7568 said:

It's like that because it's been through a lot of nerfs. Originally Signet of Inspiration could copy all boons you have to other allies, up to 10 if traited Blurred Inscriptions. Imagine how powerful that would be in this day and age.

Now then yes, Signet of Inspiration needs a buff.

14 minutes ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

It's like that because it's been through a lot of nerfs. Originally Signet of Inspiration could copy all boons you have to other allies, up to 10 if traited Blurred Inscriptions. Imagine how powerful that would be in this day and age.

Now then yes, Signet of Inspiration needs a buff.

I remember those days, and when Chrono could provide like all the boons for a 10 person group with maybe a druid in there to heal for raids. It was pretty broken.

5 hours ago, xellink.7568 said:

@ZephidelGRS.9520 replied, however don't consider it completely useless; it's still a free extension of what others have whether you can provide it or not (let's say you couldn't offer fury but the dps in your group auto-generates some, there goes the extension - although I'd still prefer sharing boons on a group for the sake of core mesmer). It can provide group aegis on a low CD, and in the end is pretty much the only signet worth using on a support build (unless you really want to use Signet of illusions, although I think there are better options in our utility skills & as aegis generator).