If we don't count with GS, Hammer and Dagger, all spellbreaker F1s are just questionable

Zekent.3652

LB F1: bugged, probably the least bad since condi spellbreaker is not that bad for PvP, even if the build has 0 condi traits, there are better condi builds for warrior, but hey.

Sword F1: it's meh, and still bugged, you cant cancel this animation with the stow key, like if it's coded as the bugged gunsaber.

Axe F1: used to be viable for pvp and pve, now core axe T1 hits like a wet noodle compared to other weapons, even with its reset, and it got a big mobility nerf + annoying aftercast, since you're dealing with the aftercasts and animations, please fix this CMC.

Mace F1: honestly, warrior maces are just depressing, it's not just the burst at this point, no one uses maces for PvE anymore, and has no use for PvP, other than condi berserker and meme builds.

Rifle F1: it's just baaaaaaaaaaad, still a long cast selfroot and its T1 is even worse, its underwater "variant" (the harpoon) has an even longer cast for something that is not even worth its cast duration, but hey, at least there's no selfroot.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

In wvw even dagger, gs and hammer F1s are questionable. The dmg is just not there. Breaching Strike with the bug, that was good dmg.

In spvp, really only the low CD makes those 3 work. But they do in fact work.

Pretty good in pve, and kinda funny that the other weapons are also worse even there.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

In wvw even dagger, gs and hammer F1s are questionable. The dmg is just not there. Breaching Strike with the bug, that was good dmg.

In spvp, really only the low CD makes those 3 work. But they do in fact work.

Pretty good in pve, and kinda funny that the other weapons are also worse even there.

I've really only been getting somewhat satisfactory damage out of Arcing Slice and Breaching Strike in WvW by running hybrid stats (Mara/Zerk/Assassin) to be able to push 85%+ crit chance with Fury active, which is also why I am running Midnight King Relic with Rune of the Pack so that Fury can actually stay up long term.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think LB F1 is awesome because it still triggers all those burst traits that proc on hit like Adrenal Health on use instead.  It's the only F1 that does.

1-h sword F1 I don't get why you'd want to cancel it now that it doesn't lock you in place and ends quicker... must be a pvp thing.  It hits quickly adding a lot of bleed, quickly procing on-crit might (as well as other on hit/crit things you might have going), and roots your target at the outset so they don't run out of range; not to mention it sheds blind while still getting its hits in... unlike one-hit-wonders of other weapon F1s. 

What I find questionable about the F1s is that to me due to their current effects and damage coefficients, they're more like an extra weapon skill than a profession mechanic... a mechanic that can be a pita to get 3 bars on reliably, and too easily wasted.  They generally feel underwhelming to me.

~EpWa

Edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643