Wintersday 2024 Requests

Entara.3075

Each holiday patch ANET mentions something along the lines of -

• A number of festival-related issues have been fixed to ensure a happy holiday for all heroes.

I interpret this to mean that ANET is fixing some of the past Wintersday related bugs and polishing the player experience. As such I thought I would start a thread about requests for ANET to consider for Wintersday 2024.

My request would be to either eliminate the Wintersday (Winter Wonderland?) jumping puzzle timer or make it so players are not added to instances with less than 5-10min on the clock.

Thanks and Happy Wintersday!!!

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Entara.3075 said:

Each holiday patch ANET mentions something along the lines of -

• A number of festival-related issues have been fixed to ensure a happy holiday for all heroes.

I interpret this to mean that ANET is fixing some of the past Wintersday related bugs and polishing the player experience. As such I thought I would start a thread about requests for ANET to consider for Wintersday 2024.

My request would be to either eliminate the Wintersday (Winter Wonderland?) jumping puzzle timer or make it so players are not added to instances with less than 5-10min on the clock.

Thanks and Happy Wintersday!!!

I dont agree I like the easy participate in activity daily when there is less then 5 min left on the timer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This comes up often - all activities have this issue (clocktower at halloween, or even usual activities like sanctum sprint).  In the past, I found it very annoying to get dumped into an instance that is about to close.  But since activities show up fairly regularly on dailies, I'm more of a mixed opinion about this, as it does mean a fast completion for those.

That said, if I'm actually interested in completing the activity, like clocktower, getting into an instance that is about to close is really annoying - especially for that one, since you may have to wait a little while for those currently doing the clocktower to complete it, and it won't start a new run with less than 2 minutes or so on the timer so you have time to complete it.  So if you get dumped into the clocktower with 5 minutes to go, you might only get a chance to do 1 or 2 runs on that (what I'd really like for clocktower is everyone get their own private instance, unless grouped in a party or something)

That patch note is the same as the ones you get on Android app update notes: "bug fixes and performance improvements" (although these days they mix up the wording a bit). It's meaningless and is just meant to give the impression that something is happening.

If they'd made any changes they'd have listed them. It wouldn't even be any additional work to do so, because the person making those fixes would have had to document them.