[sPvP] DH Support A Sleeping Beast?

Saiyan.1704

Hi. Welcome to another clickbait title.... OR is it ? ... ᵢₜ ᵣₑₐₗₗᵧ ᵢₛ  ...

The current Support Core Guard meta consists of:
Valor/Honor/Virtues

• Valor's biggest trait is Altuistic Healing and it is one of the only reasons Core Supp guard exists. With Staff#4, it can single handedly heal ourselves from 20% to full health while also healing teammates. The self healing it can offer is exponential when our teamates are near while using it.
  • Honor is used almost exclusively as a passive way to self-heal yourself over time, but the treeline has been mostly used for its ability to condi cleanse teamates by using Pure of Voice trait + Trooper relic. This gives 2 cleanses when ever you use a shout. Also, every Aegis block heals for over 500.
  • Virtues gives a much needed AoE Stability + AoE Stun Break, which is honestly kind of OP in a team setting. Absolute Resolution is another AoE team cleanse which is another OP team wide condi cleanse (if needed). This doesn't take into account Renewed Focus refreshing virtues.

The biggest question is which one of these treelines would you swap DH for?

DH offers:

• Cleanse on block
  • Aegis on trap spam
  • 1 Stunbreak when using Elite
  • A Plethora more CC from F1, dMAW, etc.

In my experience, Virtues would be the treeline to replace DH for. Mostly because Valor and Honor meshes SO WELL with DH's Aegis + CC + Stunbreak traps. As long as you save some form of stunbreak, whether it's dMaw or Fragment of Faith, you'll be fine. What I have been noticing is most teamates already have solid amounts of cleanses. The biggest take away here is that DH can offer an insane amount of CC potential within a teamfight while remaining full support heals.

This information isn't new sauce. DH's buffs (vitality and aegis traps) indirectly effected support DH also. Support DH was never meta but.... it's actually now not bad. Eons better than Firebrand....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Taking a look at the traitlines, it doesn't look exceptional, thought. I'm not saying that it's useless but it feel like it'd be more of a bunker with a bit of support than a "support".

Yeah I agree. DH supp is nothing to write home about. I just find it ironic that Anet wants Firebrand to be a thing competitively, except they just buffed DH more in a single patch than they did all year with Firebrand lol.