[Suggestion] Shadow Arts traits rework

BenaSPACE.6028

In general stealthing your allies is generally not great to do. It interrupts thier auto attacks, which can be especially bad if you're not able to coordinate. Under that reasoning, a lot of the traits that activate when you stealth allies should rather activate when you stealth yourself, and then apply to nearby allies. 

Suggested changes:

Merciful Ambush: Heal nearby allies when you gain stealth. Still grants you and your target stealth when reviving. 

Shadow's Embrace: Remove conditions from nearby allies around you when you enter or exit stealth. 

Cover of Shadow: grant protection to nearby allies when you enter or exit stealth. 

On a side note, I feel like venom health leech should also apply to allies whom you've given venom to. 

On 1/11/2024 at 3:25 AM, BenaSPACE.6028 said:

In general stealthing your allies is generally not great to do. It interrupts thier auto attacks, which can be especially bad if you're not able to coordinate. Under that reasoning, a lot of the traits that activate when you stealth allies should rather activate when you stealth yourself, and then apply to nearby allies. 

Suggested changes:

Merciful Ambush: Heal nearby allies when you gain stealth. Still grants you and your target stealth when reviving. 

Shadow's Embrace: Remove conditions from nearby allies around you when you enter or exit stealth. 

Cover of Shadow: grant protection to nearby allies when you enter or exit stealth. 

I could work with this in theory, but I guess the problem is how you gain stealth in the first place. On support specter the main skills and traits you're going to be using to gain stealth are blinding powder, blasting black powder with shroud 5, shadow refuge, merciful ambush or cloak and dagger, and all of these save cloak and dagger will stealth your ally as well as yourself. So while this change looks good on paper it might change less than you think in a practical situation. 

On 1/11/2024 at 3:25 AM, BenaSPACE.6028 said:

On a side note, I feel like venom health leech should also apply to allies whom you've given venom to. 

This again for pve would be potentially amazing, but it would need more thought on specter because a shadow arts specter pumps rot wallow venom out to allies through applying barrier. If that venom applied health leech it would permanently lock that specter out of stealth, which would heavily limit its ability to heal through the scepter sneak attack. Which in one way is fine, as the traits would still trigger by applying stealth to the allies, but stealing aggro from the tank in a raid situation because he's stealthed and you're not has the potential to screw up the entire raid attempt. Someone who plays raids more than me would have to comment on that tho, thinking about it I'm not sure if this would work how I think or not.

Edited by Jugglemonkey.8741
  • Like 1