experimenting with pvp builds

trunks.5249

hi all i am trying to find more fun builds for pvp. looking up builds all i get is metabattle builds when trying to find builds. i was wondering if you can share some of your favorite top pvp builds that are fun to use. my trapper build is fun but can only get me to gold. i would love to move past gold. i would like to thank you guys in advance for sharing

Hi, I am almost sure you can get up to mid tier platinum with any kind of build. You start to feel the hard enforcement of meta builds only on top tier platinum.

My build - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRnUqAVsi1CC+rActgl/A7JN8DOawn126cd51lBCAlMtzA-jpRHQB0rMAP2fgZHCgwdEAA4FAAAPAAA

It's not meta but for me it's much more fun compared to meta bunker druid. This season I'm low-mid plat.

Been playing core and can get to 4 points off Platnium and then it goes to the birds lolMy problem is I dislike staff, and I have a hard time letting go of Marksman and Beast Mastery. Oh and I am just too pig headed to listen to metabattle. Will try your build because GREATSWORD HILTBASH IS FUN!!!!Could you use your build with a longbow instead of staff?? And still have it viable? I will try anyway lol

@"LughLongArm.5460" said:Hi, I am almost sure you can get up to mid tier platinum with any kind of build. You start to feel the hard enforcement of meta builds only on top tier platinum.

My build - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRnUqAVsi1CC+rActgl/A7JN8DOawn126cd51lBCAlMtzA-jpRHQB0rMAP2fgZHCgwdEAA4FAAAPAAA

It's not meta but for me it's much more fun compared to meta bunker druid. This season I'm low-mid plat.

has meta changed from last seasons, staff sw/wh Druid?

GS always fun ;)

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:has meta changed from last seasons, staff sw/wh Druid?

GS always fun ;)

The 'meta' didn't really change at all for druids. However it is doable to reach plat rating with any build, be it meta or not. I agree that gs is great fun and quite strong actually.

I tried @LughLongArm.5460 build yesterday at it's really enjoyable to play, but I found that I get bursted down fairly quickly and don't stand a chance if I'm up against 2 scourges (which is almost always the case for me). I'm only mid-gold tho and it's very likely that I simply suck.

@Athix.3460 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:has meta changed from last seasons, staff sw/wh Druid?

GS always fun ;)

The 'meta' didn't really change at all for druids. However it is doable to reach plat rating with any build, be it meta or not. I agree that gs is great fun and quite strong actually.

I tried @LughLongArm.5460 build yesterday at it's really enjoyable to play, but I found that I get bursted down fairly quickly and don't stand a chance if I'm up against 2 scourges (which is almost always the case for me). I'm only mid-gold tho and it's very likely that I simply suck.

Naa man, you don't suck. Soloing 2 scourges will be a challenge for everyone on every build. I agree this build is not amazing for 1v2, but you have very good mobility to get the hell out of the situation and rotate to +1 on the other point.

@LughLongArm.5460 said:Naa man, you don't suck. Soloing 2 scourges will be a challenge for everyone on every build. I agree this build is not amazing for 1v2, but you have very good mobility to get the hell out of the situation and rotate to +1 on the other point.

Well I didn't say I was trying to solo them...it's like that even in teamfights, but yea, it's gold so 'target focus' doesn't apply there. As long as scourges press ANY button tho, they're good.

I'm sure you already considered the following, but I was thinking of switching mender's for avatar for some additional burst...If I die it's due to burst, which is a consequence of bad positioning/dodging/condi cleanse. 560 healing power is enough to keep me alive against significant sustained damage, I think.I find Bristleback to be kind of a predictable one-trick-pony and to capitalize on your traits, I'd personally switch that for pink moa.

Do you have a good alternative for the soldier rune? I find the bonus rather sub-par with only 1 shout. How about Dolyak, Melandru or something like that?

@Athix.3460 said:

@LughLongArm.5460 said:Naa man, you don't suck. Soloing 2 scourges will be a challenge for everyone on every build. I agree this build is not amazing for 1v2, but you have very good mobility to get the hell out of the situation and rotate to +1 on the other point.

Well I didn't say I was trying to solo them...it's like that even in teamfights, but yea, it's gold so 'target focus' doesn't apply there. As long as scourges press ANY button tho, they're good.

I'm sure you already considered the following, but I was thinking of switching mender's for avatar for some additional burst...If I die it's due to burst, which is a consequence of bad positioning/dodging/condi cleanse. 560 healing power is enough to keep me alive against significant sustained damage, I think.I find Bristleback to be kind of a predictable one-trick-pony and to capitalize on your traits, I'd personally switch that for pink moa.

Do you have a good alternative for the soldier rune? I find the bonus rather sub-par with only 1 shout. How about Dolyak, Melandru or something like that?

Hi, I'm not going with Avatar for 2 reasons . 1)This is a remorseless build so the high crit chance from avatar will just go to waste big portion of the time, it will not improve your burst in a considerable way if any. 2)I go mender not only for my self, with mender I can still give good healing support to party.

Regarding Bristleback you are right. Originally I played this build with tiger, but it dies too fast from all the aoe condis. I'm still swaping between Bristleback /gazelle/ electric wyvern/iboga, all options that should be explored.

Regarding runes- I go with soldier because I have 3 shouts on this build(WHAO/protect me/SOTP), dolyak can also be OK option but it will be hard for you to 1v1 builds like condi mesmers/ burn guardians etc.. Solderer helps a lot with that.

Archived